Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shape of Arlo Pro 2 base unit

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
twospirits
Guide
Guide

Is there any difference (shape wise) in the base unit for the Arlo Pro or Arlo Pro 2 systems? I 've noticed that some are straight top to bottom, while others are more fatter on the bottom. Or is it a optical illusion?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The original base are like a blade sitting at a bit of an angle. Thee Pro series base is more bulbous, fatter at the bottom, and has the sync/siren button on the top.

twospirits
Guide
Guide

I have the original one that is slanted, but plan on getting the Pro / Pro2. In researching to buy one, I've seen different size shape (thus my question and the uploaded pic). So using the image that I uploaded, are you saying that the units shown on the right and below are like the image on the left? That they all are the same being more bulbous/fatter on the bottom. It doesn't look like that to me. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Interesting. Possibly a different source for at least the case has changed. I haven't seen one that looks like the non-bulbous Pro base.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I've also never seen the square shaped Pro/2 base station. I wonder if they're in a different market somewhere else in the world or perhaps it's a fake? Or perhaps someone's trying to sell an old beta unit? @JamesC might know more

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I own at least four Pro and Pro 2 systems and they all have the bulbous shape.  BTW, the Pro/Pro2 base is a better design for sure.  The status LEDs are much more readily visible and the link button is much easier to use.  Not to mention the local storage option!  I’m replacing and retiring my original base units over time.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Pro and Pro 2 base stations are identical models (VMB4000) and every unit that I have for testing is shaped the same.

The "bulbous" shape as described here is present with every unit i've seen. This is pictured here on the Arlo website as well: Arlo Pro 2

I just took a quick picture of a base station at my desk from different angles and was able to achieve similar results as in the OP's example:

JamesC

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Ah! Tricky camera angles!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation