Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up Arlo Pro 2 but getting error saying to retry connect script?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bieke
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have purchased a new ARLO PRO 2 with 3 cameras. I have set up the base station, I see it now in the list of connected devices in the router (IP = 192.162.1.100). Then I try to connect the first camera to the base station: I start the connection-script on my iphone and click “connect”. I press the sync button on the camera, the blue led on the camera flickers slowly; the blue led on the base station is solid blue. After approx 20 secs the blue leds on the camera and the one on the base station flicker quickly for about 10 secs. Then the led on the camera turns black, and on my iphone I get the message that I should retry the connect script. I executed this a number of times, no joy. What do I do now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bieke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem is solved.  After the base station has been powered off for a night, connecting cameras works fine.  Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try it on the web access ;  my.arlo.com

Use yr browser.

also the Pro2 can be synced directly...

press sync on base and the sync on camera ( don’t hold ) both should flash slow blue, fast blue on camera when it works

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Bieke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick reply.

I will try the proc using both SYND buttons.

After the camera is connected to the base station, I assume that the LED onthe camera  does nog flicker constantly anymore?  After the LED went black, is there a way to find out whether the camera is connected or not please? 

Bieke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Or is the LED on the camera constantly blue as long as it is connected?  The behavious of the LEDs is not very clearly described in my installation procs.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A solid blue LED on a camera means it's connected to power and is fully charged. You can see if a camera is synced easily enough by using the app or browser - if it's connected, it shows up in both Devices as well as in Settings, My Devices. In addition, when syncing both the base and camera LEDs will blink rapidly denoting a successful sync. The camera will use a rapid blue blink - if a rapid amber blin, it wasn't successful.

Bieke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem is solved.  After the base station has been powered off for a night, connecting cameras works fine.  Thanks for the help.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation