Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second phone not showing up under 'enabled devices' for Geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Parssta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I setup my Arlo Pro 2 base station and cameras no problem. I gave my husband full rights to all devices and access via grant access. Now I can't get his geofencing to work, geofencing only works based on the location of my phone (which results in a million notifications when I leave the house and he is still home). When I go into my app and look at 'enabled devices' for geofencing, my phone is the only one listed. I checked and his phone's (Samsung Galaxy S9) name does not have any special characters.

Also he is not able to access the settings for geofencing via his app, is this normal?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
Does your partner have full admin rights? If not he may not be able to see geofencing.
I have only been able to have geofencing work on multiple devices using the same login account. Even then it takes a bit of effort to get it working and is prone to updates of the App.
The only other drawback is that only one device can login at a time.
There is also the requirement to have the arlo app run in the background on the devices so location data can be sent. Hope this helps.
Parssta
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey thanks for the reply. I did grant him full access but it doesn't appear like he has it on the app . Thanks for the suggestion of using one login, might have to resort to that. Doesn't seem like multi-user geofencing is very stable at the moment.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation