Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second camera Arlo Pro 2 (VMC4030P) cannot sync with base (VMB400)

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
oswaldofarith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the two-camera package and a base, but initially I only started using one of the cameras, without any problems until now, more than eight months later I took the other camera and the battery out of the box, but I can't get it to synchronize with the base, I have tried the solutions of the knowledge base and some of those that are in the forums, without luck. The symptom is that the camera blinks blue slow for about 2 minutes and then blinks fast amber. I already eliminated the base and the first camera and I added them again without problems. The camera is close, less than 3 feet from the base at the time of synchronization. I already extracted and put back the battery. I tried removing the battery and trying to synchronize using only the power cord. I tried disconnecting the base of the Internet and even distancing the base of the wifi router, as some suggest in the forums. I think it could be that as one of the cameras was in the box for some months it is likely that the base and the first camera have a firmware update that prevents it from connecting to the other camera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here for possible faulty hardware.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
oswaldofarith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still trying to make it work...

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @oswaldofarith,

If you're syncing the cameras and it shows a rapidly blinking amber, it sounds like the camera could not sync with the base station. Does your Base Station show two LED lights (for power and internet)? 

oswaldofarith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.

Yes, the base has two lights in solid green.

As I said in my first post I already had the first camera working for some months, but when I try to add the second camera it does not synchronize.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you already have one camera synced and the camera is on, the 3rd (Camera) LED should also be green. Is it?

oswaldofarith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the third led is green too

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you're only briefly pressing the base sync button - don't hold it.

oswaldofarith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried, for several occasions, to press for two seconds, as indicated by Arlo's support and also to press it only briefly. In both cases it gives the same result already described.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to open the camera battery door, remove the battery, put it back in, and close the battery door. Give it a few minutes for it to boot up and try to sync it again and see if that helps.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don;t hold for 2 seconds - a brief press is all that's necessary.

oswaldofarith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just did it, 4 times, and every time got the same: fast amber blink in camera after a while, no sync.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Restart the base ad try again. If still no good, the fastest thing to do is reset and start fresh. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button (web) or + (app) to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware if prompted as you go. All better now?

oswaldofarith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did it. Removed the base using app. Then added the base again, tried to synchronize the new camera, and again got the amber blink. I added the first camera and it was synchronized correctly. I tried again with the other camera, same problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

STart fresh. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button (web) or + (app) on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras.

oswaldofarith
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's what I did, 3 times, I remove all the devices, I add the base, and then the first camera is synchronized but the second one does not. No matter the order, the same camera always fails.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here for possible faulty hardware.

SIM_T
Initiate
Initiate

I have exactly the same error, no matter how to reset the base, the new camera is just can't add, and the existing one is work fine. Wish arlo have the solution soon. I have record a video, if arlo want to see, I am feel free to share

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation