Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second Base Station Camera Viewing

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jpa4224
Follower
Follower
I want to purchase a second base station (with second account) so that I can have 7 cameras active at the same time. Is it possible to view all seven cameras from one app account? And can I view all seven cameras at the same time with Amazon Fire TV? If not what’s the best way to view all cameras from the same source? Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Once you set up your second account you then use the grant access feature which will then show you all of your cameras on the same app. Going to the library will show you all the cameras as well.

If you want to view them all on a bigger screen then login using https://arlo.netgear.com on any computer browser.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@jpa4224 wrote:
I want to purchase a second base station (with second account) so that I can have 7 cameras active at the same time. Is it possible to view all seven cameras from one app account? And can I view all seven cameras at the same time with Amazon Fire TV? If not what’s the best way to view all cameras from the same source? Thanks!

I just tested 8 Live View sessions on my iPad Pro and that worked.  Some were devices on my account and some were shared devices from another account.  The 12.9" iPad pro will display up to 16 small images at the same time.  My 11" iPad Pro only shows 6 full images and 3 half images at the same time, so 7 doesn't quite fit without scrolling to see the last row.  I can see 9 images fairly well on my 10.5" iPad Pro running V2.5.5 of the Arlo app.

I have not tried this on Apple TV using the Arlo app there and don't use Fire.

Note that Arlo isn't really designed for "Active" surveillance.  You won't get motion recordings while viewing live.  I haven't tried any of this with a CVR subscription to see if you could continuously record many cameras while doing Live View.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation