Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Safafi Browser - Catalina 10.15.2

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hbarlo2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras all work, but when I click on "Live" I get a pop-up in the middle of the camera screen that says Adobe Flash Player Settings, Local Storage, Allow my.arlo.com to store information on the computer?  

Can that box be removed?

When using the Chrome browser everything works fine.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hbarlo2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for everyones comments 😉

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@hbarlo2020 wrote:

The cameras all work, but when I click on "Live" I get a pop-up in the middle of the camera screen that says Adobe Flash Player Settings, Local Storage, Allow my.arlo.com to store information on the computer?  

These messages are signs that your browser is trying to protect you from "dangerous" content. Many browsers throw up the same dire warnings. You will have to find out how to give your browser permission to run Flash.

Some browser are more forgiving than others. Some will remember the settings, others require a fresh tweak every time you launch them.

It won't be long before Flash goes to the great code writer in the sky and just won't work. There are alternatives, but Arlo seems to be determined to sit on its hands and to keep Flash going until the last possible minute, sometime in 2020.

Maybe this will help:

Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari

Here's what you do for some other browsers:

How to troubleshoot Arlo web client Flash errors when using Google Chrome

Cannot view Live Feeds - Flash problem AGAIN! - Arlo Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
N4KHQ
Tutor
Tutor

michaelkenward is is correct. I'm running 10.15.2 and Safari gave me a one time dialog to allow flash and Safari has been working with complaint.

N4KHQ
Tutor
Tutor

I think all you have to do is click ok or allow one time. Arlo won't use flash to install something bad on your computer.

hbarlo2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for everyones comments 😉

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation