Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SIREN Option showing only as "do nothing" on iphone app

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
abk911
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought a pack of 3 arlo pro with base station and siren. 

somehow on my iphone app in the mode section i am facing two challenges:

1) the mode armed section... and then activate siren if motion detected section has only "do nothing" option as green / does not even show an option to "activate siren". no matter how much i click the green dot to uncheck it. also no "pencil edit" option next to alarm section.

2) i by mistake added some cameras under another camera in mode edit. for instance if motion detected in back camera, begin reording in the bedroom camera. Now there is no way to remove these devices. no options at all.

what a messed up app this is. No idea how there are just no options. i even deleted and downloaded the app again. but no luck

13 REPLIES 13
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Try doing it through the web interface

abk911
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tx. that works in tyhe sense it displays online on the web. Howveer the app still shows same data "do nothing" if motion is detected. 

Its a 500 dollar camera set and if i cant change it on and off on my mobile app, whats the point. Hope netgear does something to fix this. Cause this is very silly to have to use the browser and still not be sure if your alarm is going to buzz cause the app keeps showing plder data. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

abk911,

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?

JamesC

abk911
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you see in attached screen shot. There is no option to check and uncheck the siren sound on motion. 

then i went an enabled that through the browser. However:

1) the app still shows the same

2) when i activate / arm the base, it only records video. No alarm is activated even when i chose that in the settings through the browser. 

I am still on arlo return period and would like to either solve this or resolve as alarm is the main reason i bought this.screenshotscreenshot

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

abk911,

Try creating a custom mode and then setup a custom rule triggering the siren, does it still behave the same way?

JamesC

haleynlundberg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having this same issue. Any solutions yet?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

haleynlundberg,

Have you tried creating a custom mode and then setup a custom rule triggering the siren, does it still behave the same way?

bradders
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have already gone through the process of configuring a custom rule. Please fix the bug that locks the base station to "Do nothing" instead of asking us to set it up again.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

bradders,

Does this do the same on the web portal & app? What device are you using?

bradders
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have option to turn alarm on on the portal. But not on iOS. Similar to other users it seems.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

bradders,

Does the web portal let you set the rule for your siren?

bradders
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears to, however I havent checked if the siren actually sounds, according to Aspirants post it does not

bradders
Aspirant
Aspirant

please can we fix the bug in the ios app, instead of discussing the portal, Most users dont manage settings using the portal. Especially when I am away from home.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation