Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Replace 5th camera WITHOUT having to add subscription service?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jdlegg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have an Arlo Pro 2 wire-free system (base station + 5 cameras).  I do NOT have, nor do I want, a monthly subscription service.  One of my cameras is functioning quite poorly (severe power consumption).  Replacement with a new battery did not resolve that issue.  

I then purchased a new replacement Arlo Pro 2 camera and attempted to remove the bad camera (following previously posted directions on this forum) and simply add the new one to the system.  It seems that this is not possible without also adding a monthly subscription service.  Why?

Again, I purchased this camera system originally because it did NOT require monthly fees.  How can I accomplish my intended goal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You might want to swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location causing the battery issue.

How did you remove the camera - did you use Settings, My Devices to do so? After that, only 4 cameras showed, right? There have been other reports of similar subscription issues recently so maybe you're one of those folks. WHat happens if you resync the old camera?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jdlegg wrote:

I then purchased a new replacement Arlo Pro 2 camera and attempted to remove the bad camera (following previously posted directions on this forum) and simply add the new one to the system.

Did you remove the camera from the primary account?

If so, you should be able to add the new one w/o needing a subscription.

jdlegg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I will give it a try again.  Fingers crossed!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You might want to swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location causing the battery issue.

How did you remove the camera - did you use Settings, My Devices to do so? After that, only 4 cameras showed, right? There have been other reports of similar subscription issues recently so maybe you're one of those folks. WHat happens if you resync the old camera?

jdlegg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Removed old camera and added new one again. Worked flawlessly. Thanks for the prompt replies!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation