Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
F_Sal
Follower
Follower
There needs to be a way to remotely reset the base station via cellphone app. I must have had a power outage and it’s offline. I’m nowhere near my house and get back for a few days. I’m on pins and needles until then.
2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
There is a restart function for the base station in the app on the base station settings page. The base needs to be online and not locked up for it to function correctly.

I see your only immediate option is for another power failure to reboot the base station. This assumes the camera batteries have not gone flat in the interim.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@F_Sal wrote:
There needs to be a way to remotely reset the base station via cellphone app. I must have had a power outage and it’s offline. I’m nowhere near my house and get back for a few days. I’m on pins and needles until then.

You could try adding that here:

Arlo Idea Exchange - Arlo Communities

You could also look at the rest of the network, the modem and whatever router sits in front of the Arlo.

The hub is part of a network. Even if it plays ball, the rest of the network can upscrew things. I had to dump of modem/router in modem only mode because it booted so slowly that by the time it was up the router had timed out and I had a dead network until, I got home. Using a modem-only device eliminated the problem.

If you can reboot your router from afar, maybe that would bring the hub back on line. Or get a "UPS".

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation