Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Red Exclamation Mark Alert in Arlo App

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JBlond
Follower
Follower

When I click on the red exclamation mark in the App it says “activate siren”. We have two camera systems installed in two different flats. When I click “activate siren” will I have the choice to say in which of the two flats the alarm is to go off or will it just go off immediately? If yes in which of the two flats will it go off? I have already written to Arlo Support but they do not seem to understand my question. I appreciate any helpful responses. I do not want to try as I have no idea how to turn off the siren after the test and do not want to scare my neighbours especially as I can not be in both places at the same time should the alarm go off in both places. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have two bases to try it with but I would test it anyways. You will be able to turn the siren off once activated - I've done it here.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

It seems to me this was very poorly (simplistically) thought out.  I monitor four locations with five Arlo base stations in three towns and two states.  Activating an alarm or calling e911 at the app level makes absolutely zero sense.  It should be at the device level.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation