Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since the issue with notifications on the new app started, I've also had issues with not getting all notifications in the broswer. Today I caught it as it was happening. The camera detected motion and recorded. Once it stopped, it sent a notification to the browser and showed 1 new recording, then suddenly set the counter back to zero. I've now caught it several times - it momentarily displays the correct count of new recordings, then resets itself back to zero. The app started working correctly last night, but the issue in the browser still remains. Extremely frustrating.

12 REPLIES 12
mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have confirmed that the issue also happens in the IE browser, so it's mostlikely on the server end which I suspected initially. I've tried it on different PC's, same results. The lack of notifications totally defeats the purpose of the cameras.

mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm so fed up with all of the issues. It took months to fix the issue with the base going offline. Then the new app gave no notifications.  That was fixed but the broswer doesn't provied all notifications and now for the last 30 minutes, nothing records, but I get the notifications in the app, but still not in the browser.

Tired of being their test environment. FIX THIS!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mrogers77 wrote:

but I get the notifications in the app, but still not in the browser.

I've never seen notification messages displayed in the browser.

Are you talking about the counts on the cameras screen?  Those are working working for me (as are recordings).

mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice

Recordings have resumed about an hour after I posted this yesterday - but still have issues with the notifications/counter in the browser. I can have the browser up and see that the camera has detected motion and is recording. After it is done - the counter will change from zero, to one, and then immediately back to zero, making it appear that there are no new recrodings, when in reality there is one. It is still happening today - just observed it again. I have the issue on different PC's, different browsers - the issue appears to be with the new web page. There are also some other minor login issues but the counter/notification one is big for me as we often have to monitor for an arrival in our driveway.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mrogers77 wrote:

After it is done - the counter will change from zero, to one, and then immediately back to zero, making it appear that there are no new recrodings, when in reality there is one. 

Ok, you mean the counter (which isn't a notification).

I'm not seeing that on my Win10 system (either with Chrome or with Edge).  What browser are you using?  Perhaps try clearing the cache. 

There were also some glitches in the Chrome 77 update - if you upgraded to that recently, you should also try restarting the PC.  That solved a couple issues for me (not with arlo, but other sites).

mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice

Two different PC's with different versions of IE, Edge and Chrome on each - rebooted daily and cache cleared. I can literally watch the counter change: 0, then 1 and then immediatley back to 0. This only started happening with the re-direct to the new URL.

mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forgot to add - I have 2 cameras - thsi happens mainly on one camera. they both appear in the web view but this issue is primarily with one camera. Occassionaly both, but 90% of the time only one of them. If they both happen to catch motion at the same time, the porch camera counter fucntions correctly, while the driveway camera does it's - zero, one, zero - thing.

mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice

And now the exact opposite happened - the driveway camera counter functioned correctly but the porch camera reset itself to zero immediately after showing one new recording.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey mrogers77,

Does this issue also happen with the counter on the Arlo app on mobile device?

mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, the app has been fine since the new update was released the other day. It is only in the browser, I have replicated it on different machines and different browsers. And it has only been an issue with the new URL recently due to the company split.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

SERIOUSLY?