Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
slash128
Luminary
Luminary

Hello,

I have 2 base stations in my account. Both have been recording fine. Suddenly all recordings from my Ultra Pro 2 have disappeared and no new recordings are being made, however the thumbnails updated when there is motion. I have tried changing the mode to Disarmed and back to Armed but still no recordings are showing up. I have also tried to manually record from the cameras but those recordings do not show up either. How do I resolve this?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
dcfox1
Master
Master

@slash128 wrote:

Hello,

I have 2 base stations in my account. Both have been recording fine. Suddenly all recordings from my Ultra Pro 2 have disappeared and no new recordings are being made, however the thumbnails updated when there is motion. I have tried changing the mode to Disarmed and back to Armed but still no recordings are showing up. I have also tried to manually record from the cameras but those recordings do not show up either. How do I resolve this?

Thank you

Do you mean the Ultra 2 or the Pro2 you listed? There is no Ultra Pro 2.  If the Ultra 2 you need a smart subscription for cloud recordings after the 3 month trial expires. 

slash128
Luminary
Luminary
Sorry, it is an Arlo Pro 2 system, not Ultra, so no subscription should be required. Interestingly I just started getting alerts for motion detected but now none of the Arlo Pro 2 cameras show up in the library filter. I can still access live feeds from them.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Are the recordings on you base? What troubleshooting steps have you done like rebooting the base (remove power)  or the cameras (remove battery and reinsert) to start with.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary
The base station and cameras are all fine. They are recording to local USB and I can access the live feeds over internet. The issue is with the cloud library. All the previous recordings have disappeared, no new recordings are showing up in the cloud and the base station and cameras don’t show up in the cloud library filter. This is the same from my phone, my laptop and my wife’s phone.
slash128
Luminary
Luminary
I can view the recordings via the link in the email for motion alerts but nothing in the cloud library. Nothing in the library via browser or app. What’s the point of a security camera system when you can’t access the recordings?
slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I just removed the base station from  my account, formatted the USB, then re-added the base station and all 4 cameras.  Still same behavior. All 4 cameras are accessible via the app/browser and all record on motion to the local USB but no recordings in the app/browser library. I opened a support case yesterday but have not gotten a response yet. Without being able to access the recordings remotely this is useless for me since we use this to keep an eye on a remote property. If Arlo can't fix it I'll be looking at another brand of camera system.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

Apparently there was an outage on Dec 1'st that alot of users experienced the same thing I am experiencing now. I didn't notice it back then and the thread indicates it was resolved the same day. I am still having the issue. Anyone else having this issue? This is not affecting recordings from my Ultra system, which I pay a subscription for, only affecting the Pro 2 system which I have the free 7 day plan. Both my account and my wife's account are set for 2 factor.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Smart/Arlo-Smart-down-No-recordings-in-library/td-p/1802613

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

Figured out a workaround. I added one of the Pro 2 cameras to my subscription and now I have ALL the recordings from all of my Pro 2 cameras. If I remove the Pro 2 camera from the subscription all the recordings disappear again but adding just one Pro 2 camera to the subscription brings all of the Pro 2 recordings back into the library. Interestingly, I have 30 days of recordings in the library for all of the Pro 2 cameras even though only one is in the subscription, and I still have all the recordings from my  Ultra 3 cameras and doorbell in the subscription. Something definitely screwy on the backend.

According to this link no subscription is required for 7 day cloud storage on Pro 2:

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation