Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
micchung
Aspirant
Aspirant

have Arlo Pro 2 camera above garage, video intermittently records which are pixilated and fuzzy and unable to make out image. Turning the camera off and on, solves the issue but only temporarily. Any idea what is causing this?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have another camera? If so, swap them around to see if the problem stays with the camera or the location. I kinda think it's interference with the base-camera connection.

micchung
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have another camera, i have already swapped them around and the issue is with the locoation, the base station is less than 10m away seperated by 1 wall, however i have another camera further away and seperated by 2 walls and is working fine

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does this happen all the time or just at certain times maybe like using a garage door opener? Otherwise, what 2.4GHz devices are near the camera? Can be any kind of wireless device that uses that band.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Deleted

Dannybear
Master
Master

Is the camera externally powered? I have same issue that occasionally occurs on my wired cameras but not if they run on battery only.

I have a thread open on this and a support case but little interest so far, it is likely to have been auto closed by now.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Arlo-Pro-2-Cam-Externally-Powered-Lockup-s-amp-Encoder-Erro...

micchung
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, i have a couple of cameras, they are externally powered but only occurs with the garage camera.  there are no other 2.4ghz items near by except the router, which is next to the base station inside the house

I havent tried with battery only, as its in quite difficult position to reach, and I dont want to be recharging battery every few months

Dannybear
Master
Master
I believed that this is a hardware issue with all Pro 2 cameras that I have and your experience has added confirmation to this.
If others are getting the same then re-inserting the battery will likely resolve it for a while.
As I reside outside of the USA then level 2 support is unlikely so I have looked to work arounds to make them usable.
First workaround is to remove the battery when externally powered. If this is not an option then next is to reset the camera’s internal encoder by toggling the power management settings when the pixelation occurs.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't see why being outside of the US precludes having higher levels of support being involved. It's available for any user.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation