Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Qwerty000021
Initiate
Initiate

Just updated to the latest IOS version released a few hours ago. Unless I’m missing something the manual record and snapshot buttons are gone. Please bring them back to the viewing page.

118 REPLIES 118
Therna
Aspirant
Aspirant
ngl1604, very strange - I have same version on base and camera, USB backup and basic plan, but have big problems. What devices are you using? Iphone or ? Number of cameras in you system?
ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 camera system (purchased & installed between Christmas & New Year.

I’m running an iPhone 8 on 12.1.3 (beta).
Daughter (shared account) running an XR on 12.1
Wife (shared) is using an SE running 12.1.2 - she has a slight issue as she’s not getting notifications but that was exhibiting before the last app update (it seems to be account related and not app anyway as her problem transfers to whatever device she logs in to)
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the detailed information, everyone. I'm sharing the information to the development team and will update you when we hear any new information coming from them. We appreciate your patience once more.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@JessicaP wrote:

Thanks for the detailed information, everyone. I'm sharing the information to the development team and will update you when we hear any new information coming from them. We appreciate your patience once more.

Thank you, Jessica.  We appreciate the direct conduit to development.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Reneesj

Sorry none of the ideas worked....

Mostly running android here ( as my older ipad runs 9.3.5 and doesn't update to newer FW from Arlo ...BTW, works fine )

Guess it will have to wait till Arlo fixes the app.  ( don't know if you can go back to prev version on the iphone, but that can be done on android )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
cramercc
Apprentice
Apprentice

iPhone app updated now granted administration rights not available. Anyone else having similar problem?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

do it on the web  https://arlo.netgear.com/

Morse is faster than texting!
Laitrehomme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently updated ios app to my phone. I can no longer record any video or take any photo with the app.

Can you help me with that?

cramercc
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi @TomMac Sorry, I wasn't specific enough.

I have been granted adminstrative rights (granted access) by several other Arlo users.  The latest iOS app update has removed the icons which allow marking videos as favorites, recording video, taking picture, etc. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

SmithyS
Tutor
Tutor

Updated latest version of app and now have lost the function to take a still camera shot or record video manually while watching live feed. Please advise as this was a major reason why I purchased these cameras and important to be able to do if we see something during live feed that needs recording. Any one got a fix for this??

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Which platform? iOS, Android, Web?

SmithyS
Tutor
Tutor

Using IOS on both iPhone 8 and X

SmithyS
Tutor
Tutor

Using IOS and iPhone 8 and X thanks.

Pbear83
Aspirant
Aspirant
My bf and I both have access to our cameras for our house. . I have the primary account and granted him access with admin rights in the past he has always been able to manually record since the last update when he goes live to a camera the only option is the mic. Why can he not record how can I make him able to record?
AussieAmber
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @TomMac I have the arlo baby camera and since the update I have also lost all recordings and the camera no longer does push notifications or recordings when the baby cries. I use Android for app control. I was able to get the stream working again on google home hub by removing the linked arlo service and relinking it but I can't get push notifications and recordings to work again.

Cherly19
Tutor
Tutor

After the last update, the manual record icons disappeared in live mode. There is no way to manually record anything anymore whether it is still or motion on Arlo cameras.  My brother has Arlo Pro cameras and they don’t appear on his either.  The only icons showing up on Arlo Pro cameras in Live mode are speaker and microphone.  No camera or video record icons show up at all anymore.

Skywiz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem, eager for the reply and fix. Thanks

Zeta3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think my app automatically updated. Now I no longer am able to manually record while watching the live stream. The camera watches my pets so I can’t have it set to record with activity or I get notifications all day long. Is there a way to get the manual recording feature back? Now all I have is a microphone during the live stream.
Captkirkokc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Newest update removed the ability to take still pic or record live video/sound, at least on I-pad. When or how will option be made available?
Zeta3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am interested in this as well. We are having the same problem. I can no longer manual record either.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

DrFritz
Initiate
Initiate

Had someone trying to get in our car, so I flipped open Arlo and wanted to hit the record button - only to find out the buttons are gone!  OMG!  iPhone/IPad IOS version 12.1.2.  What the heck?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello everybody

Along with what @steve_t mentioned, Are you using any USB Storage drives with your base station?

SmithyS
Tutor
Tutor
No USB storage. Just the base stations and arlo and arlo pro 2 cameras.
Skywiz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope no, USB Storage.  The Manual Record etc, works fine from the PC Windows interface.  The IOS App however does not seem to recognize my Elite account status.  As a result it keeps directing me to choose a plan.  On the other hand, the auto motion record that occurs when armed and tripped, works fine.

One other detail, existing modes work fine, but when I try to create a new mode, it will not allow the recording option, again directing me to choose a plan.