Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Qwerty000021
Initiate
Initiate

Just updated to the latest IOS version released a few hours ago. Unless I’m missing something the manual record and snapshot buttons are gone. Please bring them back to the viewing page.

118 REPLIES 118
Njcam21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo pro and arlo q.  App was updated this week.  When I access device live, the camera and video icons on the screen are missing

steve_t
Master Master
Master

iOS, Android? Have you checked if they're there in the web client? Can you see the microphone icon?

Njcam21
Aspirant
Aspirant

iOS.   Problem was on both iPhone and iPad.   On arlo q, microphone icon was present.  Web client works fine. Have latest iOS version

arenasa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here on Iphone 7 Plus. The iphone app does not show the record or snapshot buttons, but the same account on Android or the web page does. So it's definitely an IOS issue.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app

Njcam21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried.  No change

Jtxnet
Apprentice
Apprentice
Since Jan 3rd of 2019 my long term subscription to Smart Elite appears massively functionallly crippled. I have not changed a thing on my home network, all other smart home products from other brands are fine yet I cannot any longer take a snap shot nor video in the Arlo live view, editing modes does not work, cloud storage is lost Jan 3 thru Jan 7. I have canceled Smart Elite and resubscribed, but that did nothing.. I talked to support over an hour in the hold queue and they knew nothing. I asked if there is a backend or current app issue, but they would not say.. Seems like here we go again as the victims of terrible QA.. I have logged a ticket, but given my voice dialogue with the support folks I am not optimistic. Like many of you out there I have a extensive tech expertise so when something is running fine for weeks (15 cameras/9 lights) or months then stops working properly my fists question is: “who changed what and when?” Any similar experiences out there and/or solution ideas.
Reneesj
Tutor
Tutor
Yup me too. This is exactly what I posted about the other day. I also can’t recit’s from my phone app now either. All buttons but microphone gone at bottom of screen
MrSpoons
Star
Star

Seriously, do these people actually beta test these releases......every time...

Jtxnet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Updated. . . 

Since Jan 3rd of 2019 my long term subscription to Smart Elite appears massively functionallly crippled. I have not changed a thing on my home network, all other smart home products from other brands are fine yet I cannot any longer take a snap shot nor video in the Arlo live view, editing modes does not work, cloud storage is lost Jan 3 thru Jan 7. I have canceled Smart Elite and resubscribed, but that did nothing.   I deleted the app, reset the iPhone, reinstalled  . . .everything is current yet the problem remains.  Perhaps most bizarre is that in the settings tab on the app it says on the subscription plan: “Arlo Smart Elite” yet all the functions are lost and even when I click on the Library tab a modal is shown encouraging me to join a plan saying: “Cloud storage keeps all your clips secure.”  I talked to support (over an hour in the hold queue) and they knew nothing. I asked if there is a backend or current app issue, but they would not say.. Seems like here we go again as the victims of terrible QA. I have logged a ticket, but given my voice dialogue with the support folks I am not optimistic. Like many of you out there I have a extensive tech expertise so when something is running fine for weeks (15 cameras/9 lights) or months then stops working properly my fists question is: “who changed what and when?” Any similar experiences out there and/or solution ideas?   As an “influencer” one hopes Arlo would have the sense to not want it to get that far.   They can release all the new products they want, but today customers are “review savvy” and will not buy what doesn’t get good reviews.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I have the same problem on my 11” iPad Pro running iOS V12.1.1 and Arlo app V2.7.0.  I haven’t checked my other iOS devices or notebook .  (I’m on a jet)

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the useful information. Our development team is aware that some users are unable to see the record and snapshot buttons on the Arlo iOS app and is currently looking into this issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this and will provide any update as soon as we have more information to share.

And to add on, have you updated to the latest iOS version, which is iOS 12.1.2? If not, try to update to the latest iOS version and see if that resolves the issue. And are any of you using local recording (USB/MicroSD)?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Dwest44,

Are you mentioning the recording option missing on the live view screen?

Reneesj
Tutor
Tutor
Yes - the option to record is gone on the live screen on the app. I still can see it if I log in on a computer
Ttava1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where did the record live button and camera button go after app update to version 2.7.0? Before when viewing live feed, I had an option to record what I’m seeing or snap a pic
Therna
Aspirant
Aspirant
Latest iOS 12.1.2 on my Iphone6 and are using local recording (USB).. Missing icons and cannot setup new Modes to start Recording.
Dwest44
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes
IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
I too am having intermittent recording issues. My issue isn’t so much the playback, but the actual record button in the app. I have verified that the monitoring on mode is checked and has recording. See my screenshot. The record button should be right next to the microphone button on the bottom.
mortcam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not only that. The camera icon is gone not allowing you to take a screenshot. The last few updates suck. The battery strength is now hidden as well.  

mrharder
Initiate
Initiate

I have the latest iOS of 12.1.2 and DO NOT have the record or picture options.  Tried logging out of app, deleting app, reinstalling app and get the same unacceptable results.  The fact that Arlo doesn't record with motion while watching live is terrible, now I cannot even manully record while watching live.  These need to be addressed immediately.  

MrSpoons
Star
Star

@JessicaP wrote:

Thanks for providing the useful information. Our development team is aware that some users are unable to see the record and snapshot buttons on the Arlo iOS app and is currently looking into this issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this and will provide any update as soon as we have more information to share.

And to add on, have you updated to the latest iOS version, which is iOS 12.1.2? If not, try to update to the latest iOS version and see if that resolves the issue. And are any of you using local recording (USB/MicroSD)?

Yeah, because updating the iOS version will all of sudden make your app look like it wasn’t written by bunch of developers who graduated from clown college.

ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice

FYI - because the question was asked elsewhere in the thread (and because I appear to be THE customer for which the update hasn't proved problematic) I thought, in the interests of providing some constructive feedback I should identify that:

1. I'm on the Basic Subscription (Others have indicated the possibility of problems when subscribing to a Smart Plan?)
  2. I'm using a USB stick for local video backup
  3. My base unit firmware is 1.12.0.1_27940
  4. My camera firmware is 1.125.11.4_29092

Please don't break my system while trying to fix everyone elses! Smiley LOL

MrSpoons
Star
Star

Hey, no promises for the last bit....it’s kind of their ‘thing’.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@JessicaP wrote:

@JessicaP actually 12.1.2 is only out for the iPhone.  12.1.1 is the latest version of iOS for the iPad.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Also my iPhone XS has the same problem with V2.7.0 running iOS 12.1.2.

DD743D77-4BDF-45DC-A7F0-8A7CA61535FD.jpeg