Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

“Record Until Activity Stops' function - ARLO PRO or ARLO PRO 2

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
InTheBleachers
Guide
Guide

I've been reading on a Wirecutter.com (A New York Times review website) that the video clip recording for the battery operation of the ARLO PRO and ARLO PRO 2 records when motion is activated. I also have read that after the recording length selected, these cams take a few seconds to reset themselves to sense motion and then record again in a new clip. Well...from what I've read, NETGEAR supposedly updated with a software version and claimed it was working. But, from users feedback in some cases it made it worse and jumbled and sliced up video segments? Basically, what are the choices for video recording lengths....and how quickly does it starts recording segment 2, when segment run hits it's end point. Those few second to reset and not record while it's resetting are an issue I cannot accept.

I need a seamless recording on clips via battery operated ARLO PRO or ARLO PRO 2. What feedback can you (the community) offer from your experiences and this recording reset issue?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro2 could solve this for you if powered and subscribed to the CVR option.  You can't do anything about the reset time other than to make ure the WiFi connection to the base is good.  You CAN use the length of the recording to minimize the issue or perhaps the Record Until Motion Stops selection, assuming the motion continues to actually be detectable (simply stopping for 5 seconds or so terminates the recording because motion has stopped).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation