Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BB117
Initiate
Initiate

I keep getting this message operation cannot be completed at this time does anyone know what this means

377 REPLIES 377
Spicessmokehous
Initiate
Initiate
“The operation could not be completed” error message when I try to view my recordings.
It does it on all of my cameras even the ones at my lake house. Please help!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using an app?... if so , try a browser at https://arlo.netgear.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Dcrook
Guide
Guide

Problem is still occurring today 6-2-19. I get the error on primarily the videos taken after dark.

Curlz57
Tutor
Tutor

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?

Dcrook
Guide
Guide

I have deleted and reinstalled the app mutiple tines. The error always comes back.

Curlz57
Tutor
Tutor

It happens with mine too, but not as often since reinstalling the app.  It’s frustrating.  I have to swipe the app off and back on again to view those ones.  

Pck7014
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve started receiving “This operation could not be completed “ errors when I try to watch recordings. It happens on just about every one. I don’t know why.
Esthetician44
Star
Star
I am having the same problems!
KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

When using the iOS app to view alerts, I receive an error message “the operation could not be completed” “got it”. This has been occurring since the early part of May. It appeared that all of us using iOS were experiencing the same problem and that Arlo software engineers were working the issue. However about 2 weeks ago, it seemed as though the engineers decided the issue was resolved and they quit working on it. 

The issue continues. I have the latest versions of software on the apps, the operating system, the base station and cameras. The error message appears on some but not all alert recordings. It is extremely frustrating. Please address the problem.

srk52056
Initiate
Initiate

Having same issues for about a month now.  Arlo support went through troubleshooting steps with me and said it wasn’t their problem and told me it was iphone/ Ipad pro problem. Did an update on phone and iPad, no better.  Funny it seemed to happen about the time ARLO did an update. Guess I’ll wait till enough people complain and Arlo fixes problem or somebody finds a solution. 

ChadofCNC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am in total agreement. Arlo throws the blame on anything but themselves. BUT a system that I raved about and had nothing wrong to say to any of my friends who became customers... Now Arlo has become my most unreliable system. I have moved my Arlo cameras to the third spot, least reliable, least vital part of my security setup. I have always leaned on the side of precaution and luckily have two other brands that are utilized around my property and can quickly move cameras around to ensure coverage. ARLO needs to fix the problems or give us the option to fall back to a firmware that worked in the past while we wait for a fix from other vendors for Arlo videos not working... (yeah that sounds completely logical that another vendor can fix Arlo videos not playing) On my iPhone, iPad, Galaxy Tab and Windows 10... Hmm 

Ivette09
Initiate
Initiate
When I did the Apple Software update 12.3.1 on my iPhone 7 the issue went away on me. A few days, May 30th, Arlo released an update. Regret doing that update because issue came back. So I am back to randomly getting the error message for some videos. So I too believe it’s an Arlo issue as it started working fine until I did their update.
Dcrook
Guide
Guide

Using a browser is not a solution for the Operation not completed errors, It's only a work around and only works on a computer. Phones are where most people view the videos since the camera's trigger when we are NOT HOME. This error has been happening since May 21, 2019. Sixteen days since the system started reporting errors when is a fix happening?

Alley1
Guide
Guide
I’m so angry over this lack of customer support to fix this problem. I suggest we all go to the App Store for Arlo where it gives you the opportunity to rate the App service. Let’s see if they post the negative reviews.
ChadofCNC
Apprentice
Apprentice
SG339
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to view library videos.  I use to, now I get a message "can't view in browser".  I use Safari.  I tried downloading but that didn't work either.  I have updated my Flashplayer, still cannot view library.

HELP!  (Not sure which model I have as I am not anywhere near it as of this post)

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

Our development team is aware about this issue and is still investigating the reports they are receiving regarding this. We appreciate everyone's patience and will update the community once we hear more information from our team. We apologize for any inconvenience given.

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Jessica, it is good to see acknowledgement that someone is working on the issue. Silence is maddening.

Pearl1
Aspirant
Aspirant
IT s great to get an answer 😊
I also noticed that even with an old ( not in use) password ... in the app, the notifications keep on going...
If an ex -boyfriend or whomever had the app installed ,he/she still gets notifications , even if the password has been changed... it’s weird!!!
Esthetician44
Star
Star

I am having the same issue. Please help! I am getting so tired of all the issues!!

PeetS
Guide
Guide
Same issue with me. I have three arlo pro2 and one arlo pro. Only ons is cvr subscription and this is the one giving the error. The rest have no issue with playback. Error occurs ons ipad and two iphone x’s. App reinstalled. Camera re-paired and base station restarted. No luck.
Kil51
Star
Star

And in true Arlo fashion, this piece of junk reverted back to the same problem that has plagued it for the past 50 days. First, wasnt recording motion sensed videos to the library and after countless hours of troubleshooting to no remediation I shut it off......useless. Left off for 45 days a week ago turned back on and all components updated with latest FW. Actually worked, kind of. The videos were in the library but an error message would pop up. Could not complete this operation. So, the videos were not playable. Reinstalled the entire system and it worked. Today, back to the same error message. What a piece of junk. Used to perform flawlessly. I couldn’t care less why as I’m done wasting my time.......as usual, crickets from Arlo. Go with another company. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you guys tried to clear your cache/cookies on your browser? Also try on incognito mode or on a different browser. And could you also  provide a screenshot that shows this when viewing on the library and when downloading the video?

And can you view the videos through the Arlo app on your phone device?

Esthetician44
Star
Star
This is the message I continue to get in the app and on my phone.
Esthetician44
Star
Star
Here is another message I continue to get.