Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BB117
Initiate
Initiate

I keep getting this message operation cannot be completed at this time does anyone know what this means

377 REPLIES 377
WillieJames
Star
Star

Dannybear, I started a discussion called "Arlo iOS app v2.7.9 delete bug". Definitely be aware of this problem using v2.7.9 or you could lose your videos unintentially.

Z71
Tutor
Tutor

Today I updated to the iOS Arlo app v2.7.9. I just got "The operation could not be completed" when trying to view a video, so it did not solve this problem.

Does arlo understand I see strangers on my property and not able to see what their up to! The ability to not see the video makes this system worthless. 

I can’t keep risking my security for a hope/chance the device will record. 

Up the priority to fix this issue.

Curlz57
Tutor
Tutor

Since Firmware 109202332920 update, one out of three cameras does not detect motion and does not record; when viewing recordings of another camera, it records, but cannot view recording and a message saying “operation cannot be completed. Got it.” appears; when deleting a recording, all of the others disappear until the app is closed and reopened.  Only one camera is operating as normal.

patriziaf
Tutor
Tutor
“Status: all systems operational”

Are you kidding? It’s weeks that I receive error messages on PC and on the Arlo app for iPhone! And even today. Nothing is solved and nothing is totally operational!
When I try to watch a recorded video I regularly receive the message “Operation could not be completed” (iPhone) or “your browser cannot play this video. Download it” (PC). When I try to download videos that I want to keep and edit with iMovie (iPhone) I receive this message: “operation could not be completed because of a cocoa error”. Result: I lost my videos because Arlo company couldn’t solve that in 7 days. Yes, after 7 days my videos were automatically deleted by Arlo system even if the company knew users had problems. When I try to download them on PC then I have problems to watch them: VLC tells me there is a codec problem with videos recorded by arlo. How can I edit those damaged videos?
Of course I had no problems until 1-2 months ago. At the beginning it was bearable but then it became worse.
And I will add:
- On PC I’m always required a new version of Adobe Flash Player even if my browser Chrome and the other browsers are updated.
-Share with Facebook gives videos without sound or audio
-In the morning I delete all the recorded video of the previous night. If I check a couple of hours later new videos have appeared.
jiress
Guide
Guide
I had 2 occurs with the loading video issues after the update of the app. But once again I have only audio detection on my cams! See picture, it did alone, motion detection is not available?! What is this?
Alley1
Guide
Guide
Incredible.....after going a couple days with no error message, the first video of the day had the same problem. Arlo, the issue is NOT resolved yet. Going on 2 weeks now since this first started for me. We need this fixed now. These are security cameras - you know, for SAFETY?
crmfghtr
Aspirant
Aspirant

We had an intrusion last night and no way to view video!  FIX THIS ASAP

MattRogers
Guide
Guide
It is possible to retrieve the video and view if you download from an Android phone...or download from Chrome on a Mac or Windows computer and open with VLC

It’s not ideal or convenient. But possible.
crmfghtr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  On the road home right now, only Iphone.  Will try PC when home

@MattRogers wrote:
It is possible to retrieve the video and view if you download from an Android phone...or download from Chrome on a Mac or Windows computer and open with VLC

It’s not ideal or convenient. But possible.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use a mobile browser to do this if it's set to use the desktop version of the Arlo website. Live view won't work due to the lack of Flash but library functions work fine.

VinnyVincent67
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same problems with all my cameras pixelating. Up till three days ago my cameras working good. Had this camera system for three years without any problems till now

@dsiu2902 wrote:

Hi, has your base station been upgraded to 1.12.2.1_2798 yet? If so, do you have any issue? Please advise!! 

Dcrook
Guide
Guide
Latest firmware does not solve the operation not completed error during playback on some videos
alan_iwa_reg
Guide
Guide

I'm still getting this "Operation cannot be completed at this time" even after updating my Arlo app.   So Arlo/Netgear people, please hear this: "It's not fixed yet!"

KEM1963
Initiate
Initiate
This is getting worse since the update. I only use my iPhone or iPad and both don’t work.. this is nuts .. don’t yiu test your updates before sending them out ?! Now I have no security! Please get a new fixed update out . Everything was working fine before update!
paul-williams
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. All was great until your update. Some Cameras not working, others recording on yesterdays date. This is getting ridiculous, may have to look for a different system. Every time you update you **bleep**-up. For the £ they cost you would expect quality and good service. Not a happy bunny.

@KEM1963 wrote:
This is getting worse since the update. I only use my iPhone or iPad and both don’t work.. this is nuts .. don’t yiu test your updates before sending them out ?! Now I have no security! Please get a new fixed update out . Everything was working fine before update!

paul-williams
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. All was great until your update. Some Cameras not working, others recording on yesterdays date. This is getting ridiculous, may have to look for a different system. Every time you update you **bleep**-up. For the £ they cost you would expect quality and good service. Not a happy bunny.

4u
Guide
Guide

Im having the same issue, check your timezone settings on the base station in the app, you will find its changed your time zone.

Lots of people must be having this issue.

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not fixed totally. Still happening on occasion. 

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Jessica, this issue has not been resolved. It appears from the status site that no work is being done as it indicates “all ok”. Would you please elevate this issue?

Maddogjohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. “Operation could not be completed”.   “Video format not supported “ and pixelation. 

It happens on all my IOS devices. 

VinnyVincent67
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem with my cameras after the update. I have this camera system for three years never had a problem till this update for what ever reason my cameras are pixelated out of focused.

Arlo5768
Tutor
Tutor
Let me to confirm that this problem still exists today
Spsarasin
Aspirant
Aspirant
My wife and I have had same issues for over a week...renders system unusable. Sad thing is, I finally talked with Arlo support today and he was completely unaware of any issues! Asked a supervisor and still nothing. All they did was advise to delete and reinstall app and try a different browser. Our system has worked fine with iPhones up to now. Completely unacceptable, particularly with the volume of documented issues!
WillieJames
Star
Star

Sorry, wrong discussion.

jiress
Guide
Guide
After update I had 3 loading videos issues during the 5 days. But now, every day I have changed rules for cameras or only audio detection instead of motion or my base for all pro2 changing the time zone as it wishes or I have a bonus station on my app-see the picture. The arlo app is going crazy.