I keep receiving an error message and most of my videos (that capture movement) won't play when I click on them. They always have until recently. I have 6 cameras linked to the base station. Two are wired and 4 are wireless Arlo Pro. I found the below message on one of them recently, but have no idea which one or why/how the error displayed. The message reads:
The operation couldn’t be completed. (Cocoa error -1.)
I'm not trying to download the videos, just play them. Can someone please help?
I have 4 Arlo Pro Wireless cameras and 2 wired ones connected. 6 total. I'm receiving the message on both wired ones and at least 2 of the wirless ones. Others occasionally work properly.
Oh, okay. Yeah, I've tried it on both. Thought it was just my iPhone, but logged in on my desktop today and received the same message.
It's on my iPhone as well as my desktop. I did remove and re-install the app last night, but it didn't help. I've also restarted my base station and cameras and that didn't work, either.
Any update on this item? I keep checking to see if there is a resolution yet and I haven't seen one. I've also done an online chat which hasn't helped resolve the issue.
Yeah. It would be common courtesy to the customers to hear if the "engineering team" has idea what is going on and why so many people are having this problem. I work in high tech and know they are "working on it" can mean anything from it's in a backlog OR some intern trying to reproduce it OR someone is writing test code OR anything. How about an ETA?
Agreed! I work in IT as well and know all so well what it means when they say that the team is working this. Right now, I have five useless cameras. My "chat" is telling me that it's IOS users only. I am not sure if I am buying that; I need to search this thread to see if it's more than just iphone users.
One more for today and I am logging off. I just received this from my chat representative:
I have discussed the case with our higher level of support and our technical team is working with Apple for the fix. I will be including this case as part of the priority. Please wait for our update.
What camera are you using to experience this issue?
- Pro 2
What phone device are you using?
- 7 Plus
What OS version are you running on your phone device?
Are you using local storage?
Is it enabled or disabled?
Do you see the issue intermittently?
Do you see the same issue when using on a different device?
- Yes, Same using web portal
Attach a screenshot of the error message received.
Both problems started over the weekend.
1. Started to get emails that showed content that is 1-3 days old. Example: This morning I received an email that showed content from around 7pm EST from Sunday, May 19.
2. When I click on the video from an email (current or previous content), I get an error message saying the video cannot be displayed in browser, and it must be downloaded to be able to view. This is happening across multiple Windows devices and browsers. I can view the content through the Android App just fine.
Thanks in advance for any help!
I have been having the same issue for the past several weeks that's been described here: On iPhone 7, when trying to play back recorded video, I get the message "The operation could not be completed. [Got it.]" Early this morning, I received a notice that a firmware update was required for the base station. I ran it, hoping this would rectify the problem, but no... I am still having the same problem. Very frustrating, especially as cameras are about 4,000 miles away! To clarify, it affects all five cameras, but there's no pattern: sometimes recordings play; other times they don't.
What was the firmware update if not to address this problem?
If there was a firmware update that caused this issue why not back it out so our camera playback will start working again?
Running the latest IOS & Arlo Iphone app some of the library videos will not play. nGet popup message "The operation could not be completed". This just started last week on some videos while others play with no problems. I've deleted and reloaded app and I've tried to download the video to my phone but it does nothing. Also tried to download the .MP4 file from the website which it does but then cannot play on Windows Media Player. Error messages about incorrect formats and CODECs.
Whats going on?
The faulty recording on the cloud is missing the audio stream but the mp4 file header says that it exists but has no format or codec details, hence the codec error.
The android devices obviously ignore the false header and play the video without the error except that the recording is missing the audio.
A few days ago, the new version of firmware 126.96.36.199_2798 was uploaded to your system without anybody aware of it. The system now creates pixelation during live streaming or video recording. You no longer get HD constantly. This pixelation keeps coming in and out, if you have any problems, please post all the problems here so that we can ask Arlo to roll back the firmware. They uploaded this bad (screwed up) firmware again without testing. I have tried everything, including resetting to factory settings, modems and router roboot, still no luck.