Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BB117
Initiate
Initiate

I keep getting this message operation cannot be completed at this time does anyone know what this means

377 REPLIES 377
peacocksuit
Initiate
Initiate

I have arlo pros

I have an iPhone 7

I run IOS 12.3

I am not trying to store anything at this stage. The videos will not play on the iphone app.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@JessicaP

What camera are you using to experience this issue?
“ Pro 2 “

What phone device are you using?
“ iPhone 5s “

What OS version are you running on your phone device?
“ iOS v12.2 “

Are you using local storage?
“ Yes, 2 x 16GB flash sticks “

Is it enabled or disabled?
“ Enabled, auto write disabled. “

Do you see the issue intermittently?
“ Yes “

Do you see the same issue when using on a different device?
“ yes, Same using web portal. “

Attach a screenshot of the error message received.
“ Attached. “
KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Camera: Arlo Pro 2

Using Apple iPad running iOS 12.2

using local storage but accessing cloud storage to view activity alerts.

The issue is intermittent. I have had two different cameras alert within the same minute and one would display but the other provided the error message.

When I used a Windows 10 device, I was able to access the alert’s video (for the error message alert); and then I tried on a Samsung phone running Android 7.1.1 and was also able to retrieve the video. I have only experienced the error message on the Apple device.

I don’t have a screenshot available.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Additional information
Screenshot of error when you attempt to download the problem video using iPhone App.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Additional information

Attached Screenshot of file header audio information shows missing format and codec information.

Should be

Format : AAC LC Advanced
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
MattRogers
Guide
Guide

I have an Arlo Pro 2 camera and Base station and both of them are running the latest firmware as of this writing:

Base Station:

HW Version: VMB4000r3

Firmware: 1.12.0.1_27940

Camera:

HW Version: H3

Firmware: 1.125.13.0_31717

If the video that is captured is 10 secs or less in length, I am not able to play the video through my iPhone XS (12.3) (The operation could not be completed) or my Mac (10.14.5). If I download the video, I am not able to play it with QuickTime but I am able to play the video with VLC.

I have done a full reset of the base station and the camera and set up from scratch. That is the only "help" I have received from Arlo. That didn't really help at all. It seems that when the short video fails it was "trying" to capture something longer but fails. I should also note that I do have an external portable hard drive for backing up the video files. I don't know if this has any impact. But I might try removing the drive and see if it matters. 

Is anyone else running into this as well?

Dannybear
Master
Master
Refer to the thread link below, message 23

I would be interested to know if you’re USB recordings have missing audio like mine do.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Receiving-quot-Operation-cannot-be-completed-at-this-time-q...
MattRogers
Guide
Guide

I just checked and noticed that the videos on the USB Drive doesn't have any audio either. Yay.

MattRogers
Guide
Guide
  • What camera are you using to experience this issue? (Arlo Pro, Pro 2, Q, etc.)
    • Arlo Pro 2
  • What phone device are you using? (iPhone XS, Samsung Galaxy S8, etc.)
    • iPhone XS and iPhone 5s
  • What OS version are you running on your phone device? (iOS 12.3, Android 9 Pie)
    • iOS 12.2 before and now iOS 12.3
  • Are you using local storage? Is it enabled or disabled?
    • Yes, Enabled. No audio on the USB recordings. It was a 1TB HDD...I have since detached the drive to see if the issue continues. I don't recall seeing this issue prior to the HDD being attached. But it could just be a coincidence. I will report back either way.
  • Do you see the issue intermittently? 
    • If the video is less than 10 seconds, it almost always happens. A manual recording of less than 10 seconds does not have problems
  • Do you see the same issue when using on a different device?
    • This happens on two different iPhones and Mac Safari. If I download the file the the Mac and play using VLC, it will work. QT will not open these files. Pulling the files directly from the USB drive play...but with no audio.
  • Attach a screenshot of the error message received.
    • File attached...and seriously...You can't attach a file with a *.jpeg extention??? I had to save it as a PNG

av8meck
Tutor
Tutor
Having the same issue - Arlo Q, apple iPhone 7S iOS 12.2. Some videos play, some do not. Does not happen on my husband android device.
WillieJames
Star
Star

Please answer the following questions below:

• What camera are you using to experience this issue?

Arlo Pro 2

• What phone device are you using?

iPad Pro

• What OS version are you running on your phone device?

iOS 12.3

• Are you using local storage? Is it enabled or disabled?

Local storage enabled

• Do you see the issue intermittently?

Yes

• Do you see the same issue when using on a different device?

Same problem on Mac using Safari browser on Arlo website

Attached
Dannybear
Master
Master
Additional information

The failure to play is only occurring on my cabled cameras, so far not on battery only cameras.

I also have no audio on any of my backup USB recordings unless I restart the base. The audio disappears again after 45mins.
WillieJames
Star
Star

I concur, I only see the problem on recordings from the camera that is plugged in to 120V. My battery powered cameras have not shown this problem.

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I received the error message on battery powered cameras.

alan_iwa_reg
Guide
Guide
  • What camera are you using to experience this issue?  Arlo Pro
  • What phone device are you using? iPhone Xr
  • What OS version are you running on your phone device? iOS 12.1.4
  • Are you using local storage? Is it enabled or disabled? no local storge
  • Do you see the issue intermittently? on one of 2 camera about 75% of the time
  • Do you see the same issue when using on a different device? one camera of the two seems to have the issue
alan_iwa_reg
Guide
Guide

The camera that fails for me is not on 120v.  it is on battery power (still over 80%).   Like others, I can download the file and open and play with VLC (Quicktime will fail).  VLC will throw a warning though.  It says "Codec not supported.  VLC could not decode the format '     (No description for this codec)"

Wash69
Initiate
Initiate
Operation could not be complete
Wash69
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo5768
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue intermittent problem ‘Operation could not be completed ‘
Arlo Pro 2 Camera
iPhone 7
IOS 12.3
rustys
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing here with iPhone6. Some videos will play back on phone, but most won't. All will play back on web brower, but there's a loud static noise at the beginning and then no audio.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the information we need to share to our engineering team. Our engineering team is investigating this issue and we'll provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

bfinch21
Star
Star
Same error:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (Cocoa error -1.)
Mzldrchuck
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Pro 2

Iphone X

ios 12.3

write enabled

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@scoppel 

@bfinch21

Are you attempting to download video to your phone? What exactly are you experiencing?

elucx7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on this issue? I have many motion detector videos today (May 21) which I was able to view on some and some not.