Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BB117
Initiate
Initiate

I keep getting this message operation cannot be completed at this time does anyone know what this means

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ArloAlex from the Product line management team has advised that a server-side update was released earlier this week that resolves this issue. Please note that this update will not resolve the issue for clips that were affected before the update was released, but future clips should not be affected. If you encounter this issue again on clips dated after 07/22/2019, please let us know so that we can follow up for more information.

Thank you!

JamesC

View solution in original post

377 REPLIES 377
scoppel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Received cocoa error trying to download to my iPhone. I’ve successfully downloaded to the phone in the past.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @scoppel

Do you happen to have a screenshot of this error message?

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

What are you trying to accomplish when getting this error message ?

melissa83
Tutor
Tutor
We are experiencing this error message whenever we try to play back a video recording as of a few days ago. Occasionally, the video recordings will play back normally, but more often than not they are not.
Joetmurf
Tutor
Tutor

I’m having the same issue on playback of videos.   This started last week on some of the videos.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried? Have you tried both app and a browser? Have you rebooted the base? For the app, have you rebooted the phone and maybe reinstalled the app?

melissa83
Tutor
Tutor
I have tried rebooting the phone and the app with no results. It is just weird because some of the recordings will play, and some won’t.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you download them, will they play? What size are they compared to videos that work fine?

melissa83
Tutor
Tutor
They actually won’t download and the file sizes vary, but are all under a minute...there is really no rhyme or reason.
KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I am experiencing the same problem. Running ios12.2 on a tablet. My first experience with this problem was this morning. I received two alerts from two different cameras. One alert would play (from the library); one would not, on the tablet. On my android phone, both would play. All recordings from the previous day work fine.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@melissa83 wrote:
They actually won’t download and the file sizes vary, but are all under a minute...there is really no rhyme or reason.

Why won't they download? If you select them rather than viewing nd then choose to download, does it happen? And by file size, I mean the number of bytes, not the seconds.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Don’t be too concerned, it is just the base station slowly dying.
Starts with missing audio on the backup USB recordings, now extending to the cloud recordings.

You can download them using the web portal but audio is missing and what is a cocoa error -1 anyway. Arlo can’t be helped.
Z71
Tutor
Tutor

I havee the same problem. “The operation could not be completed”. IOS 12.2. iPhone 7, same error on iPad IOS 12.2. You cannot download file. 

WillieJames
Star
Star

I've had the same problem on 5/11 & today (5/13). iPad Pro running iOS 12.3. Seems random, some videos play fine and some give the error message.

Dannybear
Master
Master
For those that are interested, the audio is corrupted. See detail of header attached.
KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

If the header is corrupted, I would think it would not play on any device. However, the one that will not play on iOS can be accessed on both Android and Windows 10 devices. This appears to be a random problem unique to Apple devices.

Mzldrchuck
Tutor
Tutor

Receive notification of movement but unable to view. Instead I get “the operation could not be completed”. This started about 2 weeks ago. I have rebooted my base station, re- paired the the camera to the base, rebooted my IPhone, and my IPad. Nothing has worked. Sometimes I have been able to view the recording but the problem is now happening every time. I can get on-line with the camera still and see live view but I want to see what has happened to trigger the camera 

WillieJames
Star
Star

It just happened again today on iOS. One video played fine and the other one would not play. So this time I used the web browser on my Mac to access the video on arlo.netgear.com but it would not play, giving the message "This video is not able to play in your browser. Please download to view." So I downloaded it and played it in the VLC app but it was jerky and VLC gave the error message "VLC could not identify the audio or video codec".

Dannybear
Master
Master
Have confirmed your observations, I do get an initial short buzz of audio on vlc running win10 pc before same error code.

Edit

The same recording on the USB plays error free but it has no audio stream due to the base firmware issue of not recording audio to USB.
locky_au
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo Pro 2 when attempting to view a motion detected video the error appears "The operation could not be completed”.  This has been like this for weeks.....

this occurs on all platforms, PC browser, iPad and iPhone latest IOS.

Kabsy
Initiate
Initiate

I am receiving the same message when trying to play back motion-/audio-detected videos. I have restarted the camera and it's still happening. Would appreciate if Arlo would address. 

locky_au
Initiate
Initiate

Okay rebooted the basestation, and now can view all videos via PC Browser but nothing now in the Apple IOS apps, iPad and iPhone.  Raised a case with Support.

Jennsadler
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am getting the same error message in my Arlo Go with my IPhone 6S. No issue when I use my Samsung Chromebook.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We would like to gather more specific information on this issue so we can help the engineering team further isolate the cause.

Please answer the following questions below:

• What camera are you using to experience this issue? (Arlo Pro, Pro 2, Q, etc.)
  • What phone device are you using? (iPhone XS, Samsung Galaxy S8, etc.)
  • What OS version are you running on your phone device? (iOS 12.3, Android 9 Pie)
  • Are you using local storage? Is it enabled or disabled?
  • Do you see the issue intermittently? 
  • Do you see the same issue when using on a different device?
  • Attach a screenshot of the error message received.