Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
CJ-D24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been trying to call the Australian number between the hours advertised on the website since Thursday last week. It keeps saying that you're closed and to call back between the hours I'm calling between. I logged a request and was told 24-48 hours...that was 96 hours ago and I still haven't heard back from anyone.

My problem is this...I purchased an Arlo Pro 2 not long ago because I have a NightHawk M1100 which I was told would act as a base station and it did beautifully. My camera stopped working the other day saying that the base station was offline. I'm now led to believe that the M1100 cannot be used as a base station. I'm now left with an office that has no functioning cameras and I'm told I have to purchase a base station at my expense. This experience has been terrible between the support (or lack there of) and now the additional expense through no fault of my own. Not to mention I cannot find just a base station for sale by itself.

Please can someone contact me so I can discuss options to have this resolved.

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Netgear's efforts to incorporate Arlo firmware into a few routers has always failed due to the need for Arlo updates to be had at a much faster rate than router updates. Sorry, but there's no solution other than to somehow locate a base station. Maybe used?

CJ-D24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks jguerdat 

Do you know if support monitor these forums? I'd really like to have a discussion with Arlo but I'm being stonewalled. Live chat isn't responding, the Australian phone number says its closed all the time and no one is responding to my support requested.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are a few Arlo employees here that may be able to help. PM @JamesC, @ShayneS and/or @JessicaP .

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi CJ-D24,

Let me reach out to you via private mesasge to gather more information from you.

TeeHoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JessicaP Could you help me please. I have exactly the same problem as described above. Nighthawk M1 & Arlo Pro2 do not work anymore, I cannot setup the router with the app.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At this point, you never will be able to get it to work anymore. Support has been dropped as it has previously with other attempts to incorporate Arlo support into routers. If you want to continue to use the cameras you'll need to buy a base station.

CJ-D24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally had someone call me and they have advised that the option to connect the cameras directly to the M1100 is only TEMPORARILY a problem. Arlo is working with Netgear to get them playing nicely together. Arlo has informed me they will call when the problem is fixed. That was about a week or so ago so I'm looking forward to hearing back from them soon. Breathe easy, accordingly to Arlo, it will be fixed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All I can say is good luck. Can't say that I believe it for a moment...

CJ-D24
Aspirant
Aspirant

To their credit, they have now been responsive and I've received another update. I've been offered either a base station or a new Arlo Essential - my choice. I even received an email to highlight that if I choose the Essential I also need to take into consideration that a storage plan is required.

CJ-D24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Aaaand just when I thought it was resolved, they have disappeared...no phone calls, no emails, no updates, no action, NOTHING!

Tnjens
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for sharing. It’s a shame

ArloCustomer2
Tutor
Tutor
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation