Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro2 - Wife only sees 1 of 2 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
yosef
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 2 cameras. I can see and admin both.

My wife can only see one of them. Yes the second one is checked for her access. Yes I uninstalled and reinstalled the pain in the rear second camera.

I was able to search and add it quickly. Her no way. I even brought the camera inside and had her phone, the base within 2 feet of her phone. Her phone app searches for 4 minutes. Nothing red X. Try again.

I uninstall and reinstalled the Arlo app on her phone. It found the 1st but not the pain in the rear 2nd camera.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@yosef wrote:
We have 2 cameras. I can see and admin both.

My wife can only see one of them. Yes the second one is checked for her access. Yes I uninstalled and reinstalled the pain in the rear second camera.

I was able to search and add it quickly. Her no way. I even brought the camera inside and had her phone, the base within 2 feet of her phone. Her phone app searches for 4 minutes. Nothing red X. Try again.

I uninstall and reinstalled the Arlo app on her phone. It found the 1st but not the pain in the rear 2nd camera.

Is she using her own account?

If so, you don't add the cameras to both accounts using add device. Instead you use "friend" access.

BTW, many find that accepting the invite (clicking on "create account" in the invitation) works out better on a PC.  There it will open up your browser to my.arlo.com.  You can either create a new account, or just log into the existing one.  Note that two-factor verification is still needed. 

yosef
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well go figure.

Nothing touched.  Nothing changed.

All of a sudden Camera 2 showed up today on my wife's phone. 

Strangely enough, it still has the old name from a month ago.

But after yesterdays battle, I will leave it alone on her phone.  

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation