Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro & Pro 2 will not playback video on Galaxy Note 8 app and Google Chrome browser

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kirk-Buente
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a mix of both Pro & Pro 2 cameras on the same base, and within the last week only about 50% of the recorded videos playback off of all 4 cameras??? This problem is on my galaxy note 8 app and also my chrome browser. everything worked fine before. The same videos that wont playback on my phone will not playback on my desktop. they just keep saying loading. while the other half of videos playback fine. Any ideas? Kinda useless if the important videos are the ones that dont play.

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Kirk-Buente,

Are you able to download the video through your device or desktop and see if you are able to view the video that way?

Kirk-Buente
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response.

That did work, my phone played the video. but no sound. it says it has an audio codec error??

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

When you download the video through your computer, do you also experience the same issue/error?

Kirk-Buente
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried it. It will play video with no sound on my computer if I download it. That still sucks, sound is kinda important. I wonder if I did a reboot on the base station since all 4 cameras are doing the same?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to reboot your base station if all your cameras are experiencing the same problem and see if it fixes the issue.

Kirk-Buente
Aspirant
Aspirant

That did not help, I dont want to do the factory reset if I dont have to because I think that involves bringing all the cameras back in to the base station to reset. But that might be my next step?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to try contacting our Arlo Support Team so they can try assisting you further with the videos not playing back properly. Click here to contact support.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation