Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro/Pro2 cameras stopped recording to the cloud.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
bennyb0i
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey folks, I've been using Arlo Pro and Pro2 cameras for about 5 years. Aside from the typical Arlo headaches and annoyances that crop up from time to time, it's been rather uneventful until now. For some reason though, starting about a week or so ago, none of these cameras seem to be saving recordings to the cloud anymore. Every time I load up my feed, or the individual devices, from both the app and the web, it just throws up a "There was an issue loading feed events" error. The cameras otherwise work fine (i.e., can view live feeds, motion detection still works, and it shows the snapshot of the last captured event in the feed).

I have 2 x Arlo Pro, 2 x Arlo Pro2, and 1 x Arlo Video Doorbell connected to an old VMB4000r3 base station. Everything worked fine up until a week or so ago. I did cancel my subscription for the video doorbell back in December, but the Pros and the Pro2s should have lifetime 7-day cloud storage still, no? 

Has anyone else experienced this, or perhaps know any solutions? Have I missed an update to the EOL policy and now they've binned the lifetime cloud storage (again)?

13 REPLIES 13
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Have you tried removing the doorbell from your account to see if the recordings start working again.

If so you can then add the doorbell again.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bennyb0i wrote:

I have 2 x Arlo Pro, 2 x Arlo Pro2, and 1 x Arlo Video Doorbell connected to an old VMB4000r3 base station. Everything worked fine up until a week or so ago. I did cancel my subscription for the video doorbell back in December, but the Pros and the Pro2s should have lifetime 7-day cloud storage still, no? 

Yes, but... The 7-day cloud storage is limited to 5 or fewer unsubscribed cameras in the account.   FWIW, that has always been the case.

Still, you appear to be at 5 cameras, unless you still have an old camera still in the account that is no longer in service (opr another camera that isn't connected to the VMB4000).  If that's the situation, consider subscribing the doorbell again.  Or maybe set up a friend account and shift the doorbell to it.  The latter option will require you to connect the doorbell to your wifi, since all the cameras connected to a base need to be in the same account.

Otherwise, I'd start by seeing if you can make a manual recording while livestreaming one of the legacy cameras.  My guess is that will fail, but I think it still makes sense to test it.

I agree with @DannyBearAgain that it also makes sense to try removing a camera from the account and see if recordings resume.  Either wait for a motion-triggered recording, or just try the manual recording test again.  I think it's more difficult to on-board the doorbell than the normal cameras, so I'd remove one of the Pro cameras for this check.

AMT1
Guide
Guide

Did this ever resolve itself? I am having the same issue now. I am granted access from my husband’s master account. Oddly, his is still working fine but he took longer to apply the most recent app update from April 2024. I am thinking I have lost the “free” ability to view video and am being pushed to a subscription. No settings have changed on our cameras or the app. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Without knowing what you mean by "he took longer to apply the most recent app update", I suspect his account changed to the new user interface (UI) that uses Feed to view recordings while yours is still using the old UI that uses Library. Am I correct? If so, you need to migrate your account to use the new UI by choosing to install a Pro 5, security system or any new Essential Gen. 2 camera even though you don't actually have any of those. The first step is to migrate your account after which you can simply back out of the bogus install. WHen both UIs are matching, you should have access as before.

AMT1
Guide
Guide

No, we both see Feed instead of Library and have for quite a while. I was referencing the most recent App Store update to the app from 04/23/24. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A subscription won't help anything and that would have to be done by your husband, not you. Have you tried rebooting your phone and reinstalling the app?

AMT1
Guide
Guide

Just did this now. Removed the app, restarted my phone, and reinstalled the app. Still nothing in my feed and still get the same message of “There was an issue loading feed events. Try again” when I go to an actual device and try to see its feed. All of this started yesterday. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Last thing to try - have your husband remove your access account and re-invite you. Did that help?

AMT1
Guide
Guide

We tried that a couple times last night and it made no difference. I can login to his account on my phone and everything is fine. It is just my account and, like I said, nothing was changed. I am granted full admin access to all cameras. 

jmim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

My household is also having this issue, started about 3 days ago.  I have the primary account, and an able to see cloud recorded videos as normal, but a sub account is not.   Sub account feed shows only door/window sensor data and no video recordings. 

In Feed Settings, only the sensors are set to display.  We tried reselecting the cameras in Feed Settings, and it seems to update, but no video is shown in feed, and when going back to settings, only the sensors are selected again. 

When going to each device page, we get the same error as the original post: "There was an issue loading feed events.  Try again." 

Tried uninstall/ reinstall of app, removing sub account and reinviting.  Same issue. 

Oddly, we have a subscription so this issue doesn't seem related to that. 

AMT1
Guide
Guide

Yes, sounds exactly the same. 

jmim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion to log in as the main account on the second phone.  We did that and now the feed is shown as it should be, but 2 factor authentication gets a little complicated.  It's a shame that sub accounts seem to have lost stored video view rights, even when we have a paid household subscription.  We're relying on Arlo for home security and this makes things extra complicated. 

AMT1
Guide
Guide

Oddly, my sub account is showing videos in the feed today. Didn’t change a thing. 

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation