Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 very hazy

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Sugarboss
Guide
Guide
Brand new Pro 2 very hazy at night. (No, the film is not still on the lens.)
19 REPLIES 19
Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes same here I started another thread a few other had the same issue, we all got fed up as no one from Netgear joins in so asking them questions has been pointless.

My theory was it's a 1080p lens issue maybe solved when plugged in and not on batteries or just poor firmware Arlo a too lazy to solve
Forscotland
Guide
Guide

I'm experiencing the same hazy night vision images.  Never happend on the Arlo Pro.  Really thought the 1080p resolution was going to be much better.  Very disappointed.  Netgear, get your act together and push out a firmware update or you're going to lose us as customers.  Also, maybe in the future, listen to your current customers in regards to features and current problems.  Doesn't seem like that's happening....sad

Tony

MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here, same problem, after having the Arlo Pro for almost a year, changing to the Arlo Pro 2 you notice right away, the night vision is very hazy and not as clear as the Arlo Pro was. So many issues with the Pro 2 that I did NOT have with the original Arlo Pro.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated the feedback on this topic to the product management team. The engineering team is currently investigating the concerns being discussed here and I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC 

Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not acceptable.

There are numerous unmoderated unchecked issues on this while forum.

Only reason you finally react is many members are taking to social media to make you take notice.

Disgraceful.
Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Also escalate other threads especially one where Amazon is advising of a recall on power adapters allowing water into cameras - I ask you support team and a whole 3 days on nothing.

Are you waiting for folks houses to burn down or cameras fail or explode first
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Obsydian,

I completely understand your frustration and ask for your patience. The issues you mention have all been escalated and as soon as I have more information on each of these topics I will provide an update.

JamesC

Cflocation
Star
Star

It is not you the list keeps groing on how many people are having issues.

archon810
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had the same thing happen to me. Here's the image I captured:

Screenshot_20171020-004624.png

I'm working with Arlo PR directly, so they're already aware of my issue, and now I'll bring this thread to their attention.

Tanonworks
Guide
Guide
My Camera too is Hazy and grani at night and not much detail up close..
Moxymann
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just made a topic about this too... didn’t see this one originally as search feature wasn’t working.

Just wanted to say.... I’ve tried wired and wireless. Night vision is horrible on both. So disappointed. Is this being fixed or should I just return this?

Do we need to take to social media to make things happen.? I do have 23k followers so if it helps I can’t teeet about it too.
Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the update, so wired makes no difference.

The Arlo team I would have zero hope as I emailed them a week ago citing another thread about their OUTDOOR all weather power cable being recalled, we the unbelievable response to a safety recall issue.

Oh they are quick to moderate and remove posts they don't like, but as them to fix issues, he'll no.

20171026_062256.png

MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is a night shot of the back yard, very grainy and washed out, cant really tell any details of the things back there. The arlo pro 1 was the complete opposite of this clarity. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MrTonyToca,

I am working with the engineering team to collect information on this issue. They have requested we try a couple different things to see if you experience any different behavior:

-Try another pro 2 camera in the same location.
-Try the pro 2 camera in a different location without any adjacent walls/ceiling near the camera.

-If you have a skin on the camera, try with and without the skin.

Please let us know the results and if possible provide screenshots.

Thank you,

JamesC  

Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice
So people are telling you and providing plenty of screenshots that it's the exact same location as the Pro which had no issue now the Pro 2 does - your just joking right.

Anyway skin removed no difference already tried that as per another thread.

Clue is it is your Pro 2 night vision and or software.
DvxAznxvb
Aspirant
Aspirant
The pro 2 has very little improvement compared to the original pro, unfortunately this doesn't warrant such a price increase. 1080 p video looks like 720 p which is disappointing and I'm assuming that even on best video quality doesn't yield substantial results
MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

Take a look at my view last night through the camera.... This is what Netgear considers "NIGHT VISION", it was raining last night but that isnt an excuse as my driveway arlo pro 2 did not look this bad last night, and through hail sleet and snow my Arlo Pro 1 never looked like this.... its sad...

My night vision view last nightMy night vision view last night

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For the best experience with the Night Vision feature make sure that no walls, tables, or other objects are too close to your camera. If any objects is within 2.5 inches (6.4 cm) of the sides or front of your camera, it can reflect IR back into the camera lens and cause glare or hazy video, especially at night. Be sure to reference the following article for best positioning tips: How do I position my Arlo Pro 2 camera?

The engineering team is still actively investigating other night vision issues being reported. We will provide updates on these as soon as more information is available.

JamesC

Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice

I doubt anyone believe the copy/paste fob off.

1st - its the same promise some two months on, for this and many other issues on this forum.

2nd - To say the end user setup identical to the Pro 1 is the issue, is a cop out, it is the Pro 2 issue.

Its like saying i bought a bed and position perfect in my bedroom, i then bought the same bed (better springs) and now i cannot put it in the same place ???

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation