Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 recordings not being saved in library?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KWN168
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 2 up with 3 cameras and the and have never had it save to the Library or seen any indications of the the 7 day recording. Am I missing something in the set up?...or the sign up on Arlo?

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KWN168 wrote:

I have an Arlo Pro 2 up with 3 cameras and the and have never had it save to the Library or seen any indications of the the 7 day recording. Am I missing something in the set up?...or the sign up on Arlo?

Are you able to live stream and make manual recordings?

Also, are you getting notifications (with no recordings)?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition, check your active mode. Should be Armed unless you created any custom modes.

KWN168
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting notifications without the recording. I had a Hard Drive hooked to the Pro 2 and it has been recording.

KWN168
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, I can see my cameras LIVE but there is no option for manual recording.

KWN168
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tested the other day after disconnecting my hard drive and arming the system. Was still getting my notification without cloud or manual recording options.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KWN168 wrote:

I tested the other day after disconnecting my hard drive and arming the system. Was still getting my notification without cloud or manual recording options.

Pro and Pro 2 cameras should be letting you make manual recordings and have 7 day cloud storage. Newer cameras (including Pro 3 and Pro 4) require a paid subscription.

So if this is happening with Pro or Pro 2, you might want to contact support (using the link at the top or bottom  of the forum page).  You could also try removing the cameras from the account and re-adding them.

Dannybear
Master
Master
The manual recording buttons should appear when you tap the live view, look for the dot within a circle icon for iPhone App.
Manual recordings only go to the cloud so will not appear on the backup USB stick attached to the base station.
KWN168
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well upon further investigation...I had not hooked up the 2 cameras that came with the Pro 2. I was using basic Essentials that are not giving me the options I sought. When I connected one of the Pro 2 cameras I saw that the manual record and other options were now there. I'll be putting them out this week. So now, any information on how to make Essentials work the same way through the Pro 2 hub?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KWN168 wrote:

So now, any information on how to make Essentials work the same way through the Pro 2 hub?

First check if the hub is compatible (the VMB4000 and above are): https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

Essentials need a paid subscription for cloud recording, so no free 7-day recording for those cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation