Pro 2 "time to change battery"

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jnsnAZ
Star
Star

My Pro 2 cameras have been installed and working 5 years.  Both cameras are outdoors under roof eave and are plugged into 110 v outlets, so they constantly recharge.  Base station indoors.  Good wifi.     Suddenly one camera is not operating. a red light on the camera blinks twice every 30 seconds.   And in the app it says "time to replace battery".  Does this mean  I need to purchase a new  rechargeable battery?  where do I buy?  When I install new one, hoping I do not have to dismount camera and do difficult resync??    THANK YOU for helping naive senior  owner.    Pro2 camera: 52M1837HC72EB

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It means the battery has fully discharged which also suggests that your camera is not actually plugged in (check all connections for being fully and properly seated). It could mean a failure of the charger or camera, too, so swap chargers and batteries around to verify what works and what doesn't.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

as a side note, since they are always plugged into ac, you can actually run the camera without the battery.

Only problem may be if ac drops out, you may need to re-sync it.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation