Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 not connecting to router

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
vanbox
Tutor
Tutor

Hi All,

My Pro2 is only a couple of days old and today decided to not connect to my router anymore. I have tested the router, cable and ports on other devices with no issue. 

The centre LED light is OFF. When powered up, the centre light glows amber before going out. 

No changes have been made to the router or internet connection today. I have read some troubleshooting on here and could not find conclusive resolution. I have not done a hard reset (pin in the back) as yet because I would lose my settings and need to bring all my mounted cameras back in to re sync. (if it will even work). 

My first few days impression of this product have been disappointing to say the least. The reviews I have read and niggling lagging, syncing and now this issue has me concerned it won't perform when i need it most. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Paul

14 REPLIES 14
Joshoyazza
Aspirant
Aspirant
I still can't sign in even after this outage has been apparently been resolved I can't even access the arlo status website for some reason I receive a this site cannot be reached and my arlo app responds by saying arlo is currently unavailable
tatcxh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also finding that I'm unable to login to the system.

SB99
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo was working but today internet led light has turned off. I have tried resetting modem and base unit. Other Wi-Fi is working fine. App says offline. Have tried removing device from app and pressing reset button but now can't connect to base. Any other suggestions?
Mish64
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have a 2 week old Arlo Pro2  system that went offline today and have been unable to re-establish an internet connection.  I have had exactly the same problem as previously described and have tried all the same processes as well as a reset without success.  I am now unable to connect the base station to the internet at all so can't add the device and cameras back to my account.   Any assistance would be greatly appreciated 

Regards 

Mish

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

could both be related to the temp outage.... working yet?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
vanbox
Tutor
Tutor
Is there more info on this outage?
cshaks
Initiate
Initiate

Having the same issue here. I've contacted Arlo support and they haven't figured it out yet. Case has been escalated.... "apparently".

Joshoyazza
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue after this outage it's not connecting to the internet at all and nothing wrong with the connection. normally when there's a connection issue the middle light goes Amber but it's just completely off which is odd

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you have a local or ISP network issue. All is and has been fine.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the Internet LED is off, it's a problem between the base and router. Could be a bad base or router port or a bad cable. Start by rebooting the router and base, in that order.

Joshoyazza
Aspirant
Aspirant

Internet connections completely fine several other smart home devices working as normal on the same router several other people are experiencing the same thing since the outage today https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Pro-2-not-connecting-to-router/m-p/1698364  the Internet connection light on the base station is completely out which is not right from my experience if there's a connection issue the light is usually Amber not completely out

SB99
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I woke up this morning all led lights on. But now app won't connect to base.
vanbox
Tutor
Tutor

This morning the Arlo is back to normal. I didnt touch or change anything since my post lastnight and miraculously is all back up and running. 

Does this seem to happen often?

Dannybear
Master
Master
See the status page for outages.

https://status.arlo.com/
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation