Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 night vision not working

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kamranbaig
Aspirant
Aspirant

At night time, my Arlo camera were recording  "Black & White video clips" as my family member was talking underneath the camera. After recording one clip in B&W, it recorded "Colured Video Clip" about 10 seconds and changed back to B&W for rest of the same clip.

I am sure, Arlo Pro-2 hasn't got ability to record "Colour Video" at night time. How this happened? 

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @kamranbaig

Have you tried to reboot the camera by removing & re-inserting the battery & test the night time recordings again?

kamranbaig
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did mentioned in the matter that camer started recording in colour for a little while and went back to B&W.

It looks like, Arlo are having technology to record at night in colour in this camera but they are not providing this facility.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you happen to have a screenshot from the night vision video you can provide?

kamranbaig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please find two screen shots (couple of seconds difference at night time).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kamranbaig

It appears the camera is detecting enough light to not initiate the IR for Night Vision. The screenshot sent appears to have enough light to record in color. The camera can't record in color at night unless there is an extreme amount of light shining on an object/background. At this point, if there happens to be this much light, the night vision will not turn on anyway.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation