Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 motion dectection compare Ac/Batt

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
broncosaurs
Tutor
Tutor

I have the 2 camera pro 2 setup.  I placed both cameras right next to each other, indoors, daylight.  Both cameras set up the same with the only difference one camera is pluged into ac w/ the netgear adapter.  When there is motion I only get a notice and video clip on the battery camera, nothing on the ac camera.  I checked all the settings and both cameras are the same,80%, send push , record until motion stops....  Why would the ac powered not give any motion noticeses?  I wanted to compare the +3 seconds on video and motion dection differencies between the ac powered with the batt powered.  I will change the power cord to the other camera tonight.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's quite odd. I would first simply switch the power supply to the other camera and verify any change in operation. Depending on what happens my next step would be to remove the affected camera and resync it.

Are both on the same firmware version? Can you live view and manually record on the power one? Are the running men on both cameras in the Devices tab black or is the powered one gray?

broncosaurs
Tutor
Tutor

When I get home tonight I will re sync the camera and also switch the ac cord and see if the problem moves.  Same firware, both upgraded yesterday when I set up.  I can live view both cameras, sound and mic both work.  Both "running men" are black on both cameras.  I just added a new mode, if ac camera sees motion record both ac and batt camera.  I will do the opposite in a while and see if i can get the ac cammera to record.

broncosaurs
Tutor
Tutor

The mode, if the ac camera sees motion to record both the ac and batt camera did not work.  The mode, if batt camera sees motion record both the ac and batt camera does work.  The second mode, the ac camera does record a clip. Hummm

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you ever played with Activity Zones on the camera that has AC power?

broncosaurs
Tutor
Tutor

Ya, played with adding the zones and deleting them.  I got the ac camera working by deleting the camera from the account, pulling the battery, power cycle the base and reinstalling the camera.  The motion dection, 3 second preview and zones are well worth  the ac cord run in critical areas.  Thanks all for the help.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation