Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 motion False alerts resolved

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tjk01
Follower
Follower

Why am I getting false alert all the time on just one of my cameras

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tjk01 wrote:
Why am I getting false alert all the time on just one of my cameras

No idea, since you haven't given us any information to work with.

• What camera model do you have?
  • Are you powering it over AC or with a battery?
  • What is it aimed at?
  • Is there any motion in the captured videos?
bill808
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having a similar problem with an Arlo Pro 2. it's on battery and aimed along the side of house toward the street. I have an activity zone on the bottom of the frame to avoid traffic. I have numerous alerts with no discernable motion.

Also, it's one of three cameras on my system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bill808 wrote:

I'm having a similar problem with an Arlo Pro 2. it's on battery and aimed along the side of house toward the street. I have an activity zone on the bottom of the frame to avoid traffic. I have numerous alerts with no discernable motion.

Also, it's one of three cameras on my system.

Try deleting and recreating the activity zone.

Also, some folks have seen audio alerts in their library (even though they have don't have audio alerts enabled).  So double-check that the unwanted alerts in the library don't have an "audio" tag.

bill808
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. After resetting virtually everything, including swapping cameras, I still got frequent, episodic, and apparently false, motion alerts. I tried everything. Played with the activity zones. Watch the live feed while motion alerts were triggered.

Finally concluded that the alerts were related to sudden breezes. But nothing appeared to move in the frame.

I did finally get rid of the frequent alerts. There was motion... a curtain in the part the window outlined in red below was blowing in the breeze. Invisible to me, but not to the camera! I just needed to set up a couple of activity zones to exclude the window, but completely cover the entry door.

Yes, I was mentally blaming the Arlo system; but, as usual...user error.

IMG_1071.png

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation