Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 mic stopped working three weeks ago. Not covered by warranty?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pro2Warranty
Aspirant
Aspirant

The mic has ceased operating on this camera. It is one of a set of four I purchased from the original purchaser in September 2020, the original purchaser had bought the set (including hub)  new 21.12.2019.

Three weeks ago, after working perfectly, the mic function ceased operating. The rest of the camera is fine, the other three  are also still fine.

I contacted ARLO service and raised a ticket for assistance. Tomasz at ARLO service told me quickly informed me that the warranty is for two years from new but that ONLY covers the original purchasers,  even though the cameras were /still are less than a year old. I then got in touch with the original owner from whom I`d bought the set in September. They  were understanding and even phoned ARLO who reaffirmed that once new kit was sold on then they were not covered by warranty.

During a subsequent telecon with ARLO /Tomasz I informed then that I`d deleted and reloaded the offending camera but to no avail, still no mic function. Unannounced, overnight ARLO took it upon themselves to delete all my ARLO devices off my system, I went to log back on and there were no devices present. I had to re sync all the cameras and hub, OK, but two cameras are located high up outside and required my to scale ladders to complete the re sync operation.

ARLO say that they are sticking by the warranty for the original purchaser only stance, leaving me with a half good camera only.

Can anyone shed any light on this ARLO claim, the say it`s in their small print and that they won`t help, also, the original purchasers have been told by ARLO that once newly purchased kit is sold on then the warranty DOES NOT FOLLOW THE ITEMS SOLD. This is not the case with other items sold in the retail environment eg Car, motorcycle, house etc.

Can anyone in the ARLO community lend a hand against ARLO who are playing hard ball and won`t help out at all.

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Pro2Warranty,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Pro2Warranty
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do you have direction, experience or advice regarding ARLO warranty status in relation to my situation?
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation