Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 cameras lose connection after installing mesh wi-fi.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LarryFluke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our Arlo system has worked well for a year. I recently disconnected my Linksys dual band router and installed an Asus AX6600 mesh wi-fi system with 3 stations. Ever since I installed the new system, the Arlo system works for a day or two, then the base station light turns solid amber and all the cameras show as disconnected in the Arlo app. The cameras don't disconnect one at a time; they all disconnect at the same time. I have to cycle the base station's power to get the cameras to reconnect. Both the old router and the new ones use both 2.4 and 5 GHz. 

The base station firmware is up-to-date. I have removed all the cameras and the base station and re-added them all in the Arlo app. I'm out of ideas. How can I keep the cameras connected to the base station with my mesh wi-fi router system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LarryFluke wrote:

How can I keep the cameras connected to the base station with my mesh wi-fi router system?

From the symptoms, I am thinking that the problem is that the base station is losing touch with the Arlo Cloud.

Have you tried a different LAN port on the router?

If you have an ethernet switch, then you could also try putting it between the router and the base.

Another possibility is wifi interference.  How far is the base from the router?  If it's really close, then try moving them as far apart as the cable will reach.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LarryFluke wrote:

How can I keep the cameras connected to the base station with my mesh wi-fi router system?

From the symptoms, I am thinking that the problem is that the base station is losing touch with the Arlo Cloud.

Have you tried a different LAN port on the router?

If you have an ethernet switch, then you could also try putting it between the router and the base.

Another possibility is wifi interference.  How far is the base from the router?  If it's really close, then try moving them as far apart as the cable will reach.

LarryFluke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you StephenB! Your response pointed me in the right direction. The problem was with my home network, not with the base station or with the mesh router. I swapped out an old network hub and replaced it with a newer switch, and the problem went away.

So, if all your Arlo cameras disconnect at the same time, I recommend checking your ethernet network. Replace your cables, use known good network jacks, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation