Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Brennan90
Follower
Follower

Any idea on how to stop getting notifications which fall outside of the activity zone which is set. I get about 60-70 a day of stuff outside of zone. I have tried literally everything I can think of. Smart Notifications, just put it on people and I still get them of the last second of a vehicle driving past. I have deleted and added the zone again and again. One of the biggest headaches is that its draining the battery rapidly having all these notifications . I have another camera on a shared drive of which activates when the neighbours go on the drive but this doesn't seem to drain the battery anywhere near as fast as my front camera. I subscribed to the plan so I can get the zones to reduce the amount of notifications but they just keep coming. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

163 REPLIES 163
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Furthermore, I suppose this makes it extra important to dial in the cameras to not be overly sensitive to motion.
shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

One more issue with this system...when it will it stop?

I got ONLY People, Vehicles and Animals on my Smart Alerts checked...yet I keep getting Motion Detected alerts over and over. Worst is that I have a Zone defined to prevent cars or people walking near by to trigger the alarm but the Motion (which should NOT be alerting me at all), keeps coming up.
Please fix this!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @shaolin95

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

shaolin95
Apprentice
Apprentice

I did and he was no help. The usual nonsense of take the battery out. So disappointed with my choice of this product

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

100% the same issue with me, and I do have a case file active. [Although it seems to be actively ignored right now, no one will contact me back even after promising to do so!!!!] I was told that this is a known issue and it is being looked at.

Two cameras on AC are working fine. Three on battery power are constantly sending me unwanted alerts due to motion WELL OUTSIDE of what should be my set up activity zones. The paid subscription for Arlo Smart Premier is suppose to provide me with this feature for my battery powered cameras. I was told I could cancel for now until the problem is fixed, but I have a grandfathered plan which I know I will not get back if I do this. Maybe this is their way of pushing me into a more expensive plan??? A "smart" plan after all.

Blowing branches on the AC unit are ignored, but the battery powered ones are set off all the time. This is really unacceptable to me. People WAY OUTSIDE of the zones on my porch and house side door camera are setting the unit off all the time. Very irritating.

I too see the yellow exclamation mark on those three units when I view the portal on my laptop. It does not show up on my iPhone when viewed there. 

The whole thing is becoming a mess, with very little support from Arlo.

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

I am have the grandfather subscription as well. You may be right about Arlo trying to force us to change plans.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Reallyconfused wrote:
Oh yes, I think I did read that. You’re right.
I guess then, that the ac powered units do the post processing internally and do not use the cloud. Hence the need for a paid plan for battery powered cameras, vs no cost ac powered units.
Do I understand this correctly?

Yes, that's exactly right.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Reallyconfused wrote:
Furthermore, I suppose this makes it extra important to dial in the cameras to not be overly sensitive to motion.

Yes (or aim them so reduce extraneous motion).

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Of course, we needn’t loose sight of the fact that the activity zones should work!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Reallyconfused wrote:
Of course, we needn’t lose sight of the fact that the activity zones should work!

Agreed, they should.

Though managing battery life is another reason to set the motion sensitivity and/or place the camera to minimize extraneous motion.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Just to clarify, you are receiving recordings outside of your activity zones with your Pro 2 cameras?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue with motion being recorded outside of activity zones. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

camera26
Tutor
Tutor

Up until about 2 days ago my activity zones were working fine.

I have a paid subscription.

When I login to app - everything appears fine.

When I login to the website - it says that my camera isn't on AC power, so activity zones are disabled.

I think they must have updated something incorrectly for this to happen.

I don't think the activity zone is working because a package was delivered last night in the zone and the camera was not triggered.

I hope they correct this - I know it is possible to work since it worked fine for over a year. I may need to reconsider cancelling subscription if this continues. Disappointing.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Add me to this list. I have the very same issue. It was suggested to me to cancel my subscription temporarily until this "known issue" is corrected. But I have a grandfathered plan which I am sure they will not honor when it comes time to subscribe once again. 

I am very disappointed with it all. 

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

what type of paid subscription do you have? I have the grandfather plan which is 9.99 per month and up to 10 cameras (includes custom activity zones). I see they have changed that and I'm wondering if these problems are only occurring with those who have the old plan.

camera26
Tutor
Tutor

I have the Arlo Smart Premier subscription.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Smart Premier also

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Is that the plan that gives you up to 10 cameras or 5 cameras?

camera26
Tutor
Tutor

I went ahead and changed to the new plan named Arlo Smart Premier Multi Camera that is the same price $9.99 and has the features I use. It now seems to work fine.  They gave me a credit for the days I paid for on prior plan. I am OK with it since same price.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes, 10 cameras, 1080p, activity zones

mazulla9i39
Star
Star

Yes.  This stopped working in the middle of April.  No fix yet.  We have basically been downgraded to "free" tier features but are paying for advanced.  The picture in the app and the AI cloud based activity zones are also not working. 

Four_Eyes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue - no solutions so far; I’m getting bombarded with alerts. Arlo, what gives?
ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Sometimes I get an alert but no recording in my library...

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So I have been told by Arlo that they have no idea when this MIGHT be resolved. It was actually suggested to me to cancel my subscription for now as there is no time frame for it to be fixed. Unfortunately for Arlo (and all who bought into the product) they seem to be really struggling with what they set out to do in this market. I fear they are out of their league on this.

And one thing that REALLY bothers me (ok, there are many) is the rate at which they are expanding their product line. How about fixing the poor quality system they already have? For sure anyone already familiar with Arlo will not be adding more of their product to their homes. One would have to be crazy to do so.

Non functioning Activity Zones, poor night vision, cameras constantly off line, etc. 
I don’t know what else to say. Over $1200.00 into it and I’m so disappointed.

P.S. To be truthful, I am surprised no one has started a Class Action Lawsuit yet.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Update!

After not hearing from anyone for weeks I finally have had a few calls regarding my open case.

Long story short, I got no indication from the tech. that they have ANY idea when this might be corrected. And again, it was “suggested” to me to cancel my plan for now. Hearing that, my confidence that Arlo will ever correct this issue has gone right down the tubes.