Pro 2 cam app won't display cams

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

When I touch the "Devices" link on the app, all I get is a dialog box saying "Add a new device." I cannot get it to link to the cameras, as it normally would. "Library" link reflects current date but no recordings; "Media" link s blank; "Settings" link is normal. Everything was fine the day before. Any ideas? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

And of cource, I cycled the phone first.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also reinstall the app? Are you the primary user or were you granted access?

danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm the primary and one and only user. And I didn't re-install the app. Didn't change the iOS, either. I do notice that the base station's three green LEDs are steady, not occasionally flickering, as they usually do.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@danwriter wrote:

I'm the primary and one and only user. And I didn't re-install the app. Didn't change the iOS, either. I do notice that the base station's three green LEDs are steady, not occasionally flickering, as they usually do.

Are you seeing the cameras on a PC (my.arlo.com)?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reinstalling the app is always a first-gasp step just to rule that possibility out. However, the lack of blinking of the Internet LED on the base may indicate an issue although I wouldn't venture a guess as to what it would be. Normally, it's green but will flicker with access between the base and the servers, just as your router LEDs will flicker with any access. It may be that there's some communication to the servers but it's not working properly for whatever reason.

That said, however, I would think your account would show your devices as offline rather than just plain missing. Have you tried the web client, as suggested above?

danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

No. I see the same things as on the phone app: No picture (static or motion), "Devices" just show the same "Add New device" dialog box, and "Media" to empty.

danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

More interesting stuff: under Settings/support, the rubric "support for your products" says "No devices are  associated wit the Arlo account." Have my cams simply  collectively disconnected themselves?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No answers from me, unfortunately. At this point I'd suggest resetting your base by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot to green power and Internet LEDs - the Camera LED may be off or solid amber. Claim the base normally. Then briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it - and then a camera button. Does all that work?

danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for this. Sorry for the delay. I was out of town (which of course is when you need the cams most.) So apparently both cams have disconnected themselves for whatever reason. I'm trying to use the app to reconnect — cycled power with ethernet cable connected, then ask app to search for cams. Keeps saying "No Arlo devices found." Three base station LEDs are green, green (with occasional flickering, as it used to do), and amber. Tried sync buttons on the cams and the base station during the search cycles, but no result.

When you say " Claim the base normally. " do I have to any anything to "claim" it or will it set up on its own?  RE "pressing base sync button and then a camera button" — do I have to have the cam and base in the same room or within a few feet of each other, and how much time can I have between pressing both synch buttons (if I leave the cams in place during this)? Thanks.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@danwriter wrote:

When you say " Claim the base normally. " do I have to any anything to "claim" it or will it set up on its own?  

@jguerdat means to remove the base from the account, and then add it back after you reset the base.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation