Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 audio NOT turning off from live stream on iPhone and does not record motion

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DLWelty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have had several problems. Getting flustrated.  Things work,... I get confident.  Then they change.

When turning on Pro 2 camer to Live. Things show fine.  When I turn it off.  The sound does not quit.

It does not quit if I turn off the audio, turn off the camera ... turn it back on and back off.

The only way to stop the sound is to either delete the app, or totally shut down my iPhone.

It seems to happen on either camera.  I have removed both divices.  I have taken them down and fully charged the batteries.  Deleted them. Resynced. Swapped locations. Turned the base station off and restarted.  

Still having problems with one camera NOT recording car that parked in front of house, people exited, people came back in approximately 30 minutes. Left in car.  And NOTHING recorded.  Shortly before the original arrival, the camera recorded man with dog on sidewak, within 4 feet of where car parked.

If cars moving at the intersection 3 times as far away as the car parked are recorded, I fail to see why car at my house is not.  

Recently, nothing recorded out front.  This is a new system, that worked as I thought it would originally (month ago).  Now, EVERYTHING seems sporadic.  One camera has already been replaced.

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @DLWelty,

For the sound not turning off, does this only affect on your iPhone? Does this issue happen when you try on a different device (if you have a different device)?

For one of your cameras not recording, make sure that the camera is close to the base station so that the recording will go through. You can also try to raise the motion sensitivity to see if that will record.

DLWelty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

I only have the one device, so cannot try on other.

Called Arlo twice today.  

Have now raised the sensitivity level (you are right).

Yet, the problem began a few hours later.

On second call, was told to swap devices.  Have done that in the past.

Seemed to help this time. 

Regarding camera location and base station.  The offending camera was the closest one.  Has three bars of reception at that location.  Live view was fine.

Other camera has one bar, but records everything.

Again, now... with the swap and increase in sensitivity to full 100 percent, it has been fine this evening.

(I know it is good,.... neighbor still walking her dog into my yard for all potty chores.)

Hopefully, the camera in this swapped location will continue to respond.

The offending camera... was a replacement for the new one that had similar problem.

Regarding the sound not turning off... has happened again once.  Maybe it will go away.....

Again thanks.  

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation