Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 Suddenly stopped recording for many months. Can watch live. No recording as of Apr 1.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
SusanCD
Aspirant
Aspirant

After many months suddenly our Pro2 is not storing any video clips in Library. Cameras are running fine.
Can watch Live. But no recording as of April 1.

14 REPLIES 14
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I'm had this happen many times over the past couple of years. The solution was to remove the cameras and re-add them. It's a total pain in the rear. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What mode are you using? The Armed mode should always work but creating custom modes may be the solution.

CLBArlo
Guide
Guide

Same exact problem!  The camera was armed but picked up no motion after the basestation update.  My video doorbell picked up people at my door, but my driveway camera didn't detect anything.  Tried turning arm on / off, etc, no go.  Finally found another post with this issue and the solution was to remove the battery, delete camera, install battery and add camera back.

This can't be a coincidence, we can't be the only ones having this issue after the firmware update.  I found a few posts when I searched Google.  Never mind that its a pain to get a ladder out and climb up to the camera, but I had no video for 4 days!

Ryan_B
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have the same issue the Arlo Pro cameras no longer have a manual record button. The Arlo (old/normal/non 4k) ones are just fine, although they required a reboot. I've reset the hub, cleaned out the SD card, re synced the cameras. Nothing seems to get the recording back.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey CLBArlo and Ryan_B,

When you mention that you are missing any recordings since Apr 1, have you tried checking on the web client to see if you have any recordings? 

Ryan_B
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's the manual record button that is missing not the auto record. Looking back at the library doesnt show any record button
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What phone device are you using for the Arlo app? What version of the Arlo app are you running? And is this also happening on the web client on your computer where you cannot see the manual record button?

Ryan_B
Aspirant
Aspirant
Samsung s10, iPhone 10, 3 pcs tried using chrome, firefox, edge.

All the old version Arlos work but pro stopped working.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you provide a screenshot where the Arlo Pro does not show the manual record anymore? Are you the main account holder or the grant access user for the Arlo Pro?

CLBArlo
Guide
Guide
randala
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, I'm writing on behalf of my 79 year old mother in Ruston, LA and she is seeing the same issue. I live in TX and it is hard to talk her through how to resolve some of these issues. For her, removing the batteries and reinstalling the camera on her phone just are not an option, as it's too difficult to walk her through the process. This needs to be fixed ASAP, as my mother is concerned that IF something happened, there would be no recording of the issue.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

CLBArlo,

Are you the main account holder or the grant access user for the Arlo Pro camera?

Hi randala,

If she needs further assistance, I would suggest to contact the Support Team. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

DGiachetti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't bother calling, chatting with or emailing support. We have no less than 30 times and each time they ask the same stupid questions even though they say that they are looking at all the prior notes. Then after 30 minutes plus they say to write down a ticket number and they have escalated. My mom is in hospice, yes, that means she is dying. We are not able to go of course due to COVID19 but have had these for months, and even pay $30 a month to record 24/7 for 30 days. Does that happen? hardly. Intermittent at best. When motion is detected, it STOPS recording and there are gaps. Absolutely worthless. Support is no less than horrendous. Shame on you Arlo.

Ryan_B
Aspirant
Aspirant
The button returned yesterday just before I could screen grab it. So whatever situation happened it resolved itself after a few days of rebooting and adding/removing cameras.

Support have been actually pushing me for information in private chats and I havnt been able to respond fast enough. I cant say if I would have ended up in the same place. But they were trying. I will say it is frustrating to lose these core features adhocly. I hope they resolve it one day so it's always a smooth service and update or atleast transparent failures which reduces personal time spent.
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation