Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 Night vision issue - Randomly stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
caf09141
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello I just noticed an issue with one of my cameras and night vision that appears to have started a few nights ago. I can see from the recordings the night vision was working properly up to a point and then the subsequent recordings in a dark room stay dark (not visible) and there is a horrible hissing sound. The sound is only there when the night vision should be on. I have tested this with doing a live view going from a lit room to a dark
room. Once in a darkish room the video goes to black and white and I *think* I can see the IR sensors are on, they seem very dim and the hissing sound takes over. Once back in a well lit room, the video is fine and hissing sound is gone. I have removed battery, removed device and re-synced and reset base station as troubleshooting steps. The camera is almost two years old I believe. Any other suggestions? Sorry for such a long post. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try using the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see what they have to say but I suspect "She's dead, Jim."

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation