Pro 2, IR Lights, Power Drain

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
broncosaurs
Tutor
Tutor

I have the pro 2.  Cameras disarmed, no motion.  Batteries dead in a night.  I think the IR leds are staying on all night.  I turned the "night vision" off but when viewing at night the IR led do not turn back on.  So the question is: should the IR leds be on all night when not viewing or should they only turn on when viewing the camera?  Must be when just viewing because of battery drain. But why would IR leds stay on?  OR when I turn the "night vision" off should the IR leds not turn on when I view at night?

Thanks Brad

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The IRs should NOT be on all the time...

Are you running the CVR option ?  this may or may not cause an issue.

Reset the cams by pulling the battery pack and replace, then fully charge.

If the IR are on , in a dark room , you can see them around the lens.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
broncosaurs
Tutor
Tutor

No CVR.  I'll remove each camera from account, pull batteries and then add cameras back to account.

broncosaurs
Tutor
Tutor

Also, I did have a usb drive connected to record just motion when testing (all motion is disarmed now).  When I moved base station and cameras to my dads house I removed usb drive.  The base Local Storage, USB Device Recording, is turned on and I cant turn off.  Below these settings "No USB Device Connected"

broncosaurs
Tutor
Tutor

So to better understand, the IR should only come on when Live View OR when motion is dectected and the unit is armed when using battery operation?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Correct.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

@broncosaurs wrote:

So to better understand, the IR should only come on when Live View OR when motion is dectected and the unit is armed when using battery operation?

Yes, I'd look at removing the cameras from your account and doing a battery pull reset and then resync'ing them

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation