Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 Dark at night

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mouse61
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed two pro 2 cameras one in front and one in back of my house. My front camera is very dark at night making it hard to see my front door. I do have some outside lighting but did not think that would be a problem.  Any suggestions?  

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The outdoor lighting should help. Did you check to verify that night vision is enabled in Settings, My Devices, your camera? Try swapping cameras to see if both work identically.

Mouse61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I did check to see if the light or on, a question about that. The camera is next to the house, could the night vision lighting that is reflexing off the house be over saturating the camera? 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Mouse61 wrote:

could the night vision lighting that is reflexing off the house be over saturating the camera? 

Yes. We see this a lot where there's a piece of the house in the corner of the picture that is brightly lit by the IR illuminators and that makes the area wanting to be seen very dark. Post a pic or video from your camera otherwise try and position the camera so there's no bits of the house in the foreground corners

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation