Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 Camera Vs. Baby What Is The Difference?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Abdullah89
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,
I’m hesitant to buy either Pro2 or baby one. What do you recommend?

It seems both have almost same features.

What is important for me are the following:
1- 1080HD
2- wire-free (wifi and work on rechargeable battery)
3- sound and movement deduction

And both have all of them

As vedio quality and clarity are both same ? What is the main differences between them?

Another question, I saw on some packages that there is some device it’s look like modem (smart security system) what it is for ? What’s the value of it ?

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro/Pro2 cams have the limitation of 30 mins streaming before they shut down ( coded in sw )

The Baby and the Arlo Q don't have this last time I checked ( the Q ran for over 2hours, Baby over night before I turned them off )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Abdullah89
Tutor
Tutor

Wow, this is a really important piece of information, so pro2 doesn’t stream 24/7 ? Does It shutdown every 30 min ?

Abdullah89
Tutor
Tutor
Another question, I saw on some packages that have a device that look like a modem (smart security system) what it is for ? What’s the value of it ? Do I need it for baby version and keep in mind that I need 3 cameras
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect you were looking at the wireless camera system boxes. Thoserequire a base station while the Baby does not.

Abdullah89
Tutor
Tutor
Do Baby and Pro2 allow for 24/7 live viewing? Or it does discounted every a period of time then I need to reconnect? And how can I live stream it on TV ?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Baby allows for constant streaming since it's plugged in. The Pro 2 only supports this if plugged in (remember it's battery-operated otherwise) and you subscribe to CVR.

You can only live stream on a TV that has the app. To the best of my knowledge, that's only on the Apple TVs.

Abdullah89
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry just to summarize your comments:
Both baby and Pro 2 have a continuous live streaming 24/7 if it’s plugged in without any disconnection after a period of time ?

Baby have continuous live streaming 24/7 even if it’s on rechargeable battery while Pro 2 not ?

Is my understanding correct?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Baby will stream with no intervention using the app. The Pro 2 will not. That would require the CVR subscription.

Not sure if the Baby will strem is on battery power but the battery will only last a few hours. That's why the Pro 2 needs power, too.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation