Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Previously Grant Access people do not show up in list.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pjama
Luminary
Luminary

I have two separate arlo systems, one is Ultras/VMB5000 and the other is Pro(2)s/VMB4000. Both were (re)set up around about the same time and had access granted to the same people at various times but usually both systems at the same time. I discovered recently that the Pro/VMB4000 system had zero people listed as having been granted access while the Ultra/VMB5000 system has 3. Yet all 3 people could see both systems despite not being listed as Granted-Access on the Pro/VMB4000.

On the Pro/VMB4000 system, I re-added an account, accepted as the Granted-Access-to account, deleted it and re-added and re-accepted and now it appears in the list. However the others do not. eg my wife still has access but is not in the list.

Is there an easier way to see the full list of Granted-Access accounts? This appears to be a bug but it's kind of a security issue as well. I know who has access but they really SHOULD be listed and deletable.

Cheers

P

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure why they wouldn't be shown but have you checked by using the web client (my.arlo.com)? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

> Not sure why they wouldn't be shown but have you checked by using the web client (my.arlo.com)?

The web client shows the same.

> Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

Nah. The same app on the same phone shows it correctly for the Ultras/VMB5000 account. This is a bug at the server end IMHO. Probably something to do with the whole EOL device shenanigans.

As much as I don't want to, I'll call support during support hours. I've tried the chat bot but that's less than useful these days.

Bill_Braskey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same exact problem.  Did tech support resolve your issue?

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

> I'm having the same exact problem. Did tech support resolve your issue?

@Bill_Braskey, lol, no.

After removing and reinstalling the app despite me telling them it's also a problem using a PC browser, AND the same app works for my separate ultra system account, they've referred it to next level support who after a few days sent me a KB link to: https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-on-my-Arlo-Secure-app

Which of course is not the problem and no help at all.

My biggest problem is that this site is a holiday shack and I've given various family, friends and acquaintances access over the years and they do not show up in the list yet I KNOW some have access. This is a bit of a security issue.

Case details for Arlo loiterers...

Your Case Details
Case Number: 43429551
Subject: All devices_Issue with Grant Access Account_UX3
Product: VMC4030P

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation