Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pointing the camera's at one another - IR night vision?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PauliePaul315
Follower
Follower

Hi Community: 

Bit of an oddball question regarding camera placement. I have four cameras. One on my front porch, and three others in the back of my house/driveway. How I have them set now is working pretty well however I'm thinking of changing positions.

I'm leaving one camera on my front porch and one overlooking my backyard, so those are irrelevant to the question. With the other two cameras I want to have one looking at my back porch (realized after installation it was a blind spot). The remaining camera would look where I park my car.

My concern is that both camera's will be in one anothers field of view basically facing each other (odd house shape, one facing at the porch and one facing down the driveway ). If they both engage recording at the same time in IR during the night, will there be any issues with the video quality? I'm wondering specifically about the camera's seeing each others IR sensors and it sort of washing/whiting out the image.

Does anyone have two or more camera's that are visible to each other? 

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

All depends on the distance between the cameras...if they are angle down like they should be, it prob wont be an issue ( tho you will see the other IR go on )

Just do a test of live view recording at night

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation