Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Phone will suddenly come on as an audio recording without me touching making me think it's hacked?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ocean7
Follower
Follower

Hi please help if you are tech savvy- going thru a divorce from someone who does computer programming- he cane to get a box, saw my cameras and said I’ll hack into those and watch you.... now - out of the blue my phone will suddenly come on as a audio recording without me touching the phone or any settings making me think that it’s him hacking into my cameras since he still has my WiFi info. What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ocean7 wrote:
Hi please help if you are tech savvy- going thru a divorce from someone who does computer programming- he cane to get a box, saw my cameras and said I’ll hack into those and watch you.... now - out of the blue my phone will suddenly come on as a audio recording without me touching the phone or any settings making me think that it’s him hacking into my cameras since he still has my WiFi info. What can I do?

I don't believe he'll be able to hack into the cameras (there are no reports of anyone being able to do that).  But he could potentially guess your account password.

So 

• change your wifi passphrase on your router
  • change the admin password for your router
  • change the Arlo account password (and any other passwords he might know).

You can also set up two-factor authentication on the Arlo account.   https://kb.arlo.com/000062288/What-is-two-step-verification-and-how-do-I-set-it-up

@Ocean7 wrote:
 out of the blue my phone will suddenly come on as a audio recording 

Can you explain this in a bit more detail?  Are you saying that you are getting an Arlo audio notification on the phone?  Or are you saying something else?

MrKeet
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi - I have the same on iPhone. Doubt if some one is hacking into you phone. It all started for me when I updated the IOS app on my phone to version 2.13.

The phone starts playing the audio of a video recording from the Arlo library. It’s happened randomly three times now . It happens when I’m not even using the phone or gave the Arlo app open.

Arlo you have once again broken something that use to work ‘OK’ with another update that’s not been tested thoroughly.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation