Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Takes time for recording to show up after I receive notification?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Daniel_C
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a system with 2 Arlo Pro, 2 Arlo Pro2 with a base station VMB4000r3.

Fiber into our house with a stable 100/100 line, no changes in the overall setup in the network configurations at my house from before my issues until now.

I am experience really strange (bad) performance out of this system the last months (maybe 6months or so). Whenever I get a notification about movements it takes long time until the clip shows up in the App (I have the app on one Iphone and one Ipad),

In the mornings I check all clips on one unit, when I am done I delete all clips (if I dont choose to save some). When I then start the app on the other device there are still clips left.....

Often I need to restart the app in order to see any clips (Refresh).

Overall I think the performance of the system is getting close to "not worth using anymore"

Any one else that has the same "issues" as me or is it only me having bad luck? that could guide me into a solution?

Or if you experience the same issues recently just give me a "thumbs up"  and I know that "I am not alone" 😉

regards

Daniel

5 REPLIES 5
Daniel_C
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only me experience this recent "downgrade" of the performance?

Username9524432
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issues and they're getting worse. For about three months this system worked fine. Coincidentally - after the free trial subscription service stopped - I began to see performance deteriorate. It's as you said, now it's questionable if these are even worth keeping. I have great WiFi coverage, routers always have most recent firmware. I've even reduced some security features to see if that was causing the lag. I've changed placement, tested signal strengthen - nothing. The biggest problem  now is the lag when viewing the live feed. I've counted about a 12 second delay.  Its so bad my kids made a game of it. They run around the backyard just to run inside to see themselves. Sad really.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Daniel_C,

Have you tried testing this through cellular data on your iOS device? Make sure you're on the latest version of the Arlo iOS app. If you are, try reinstalling the app and rebooting your iOS devices to see if that helps.

Hey Username9524432,

If you're seeing delays with your live feed, make sure that you have more than three bars showing for your signal strength. If you're seeing two or less bars, try to get your cameras closer to the Base Station/SmartHub.

Daniel_C
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jessica P

I am always "up to date" with firmware, latest versions of the apps.

Performance are equally bad with my local wifi and cellular coverage.

What would the solution to my issues be?

As I see it it myst be on your side @Arlo since nothing has been changed here....

Are you servers under dimensioned for the amount of users?

Would my performance get better if I pay a monthly fee (using the free verion since it was perfect in the beginning)?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would sugest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation