Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Part of schedule gets overridden on restarting app

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pbjellytime
Aspirant
Aspirant

I created a very custom schedule.  The following is the only problem:  During the week while at work (during work hours) all cameras are active (8am-5pm).  During the weekend, only the front door is active during the same hours but longer (8am-9pm).  However, everytime I restart the app, the weekend time gets overwritten with the weekday settings.  I've tried restarting the base station, recreating the schedule. etc.  I think it's a software bug.  Anyone else run into this?

Arlo Pro 2 - 4 wireless cameras

2 REPLIES 2
pbjellytime
Aspirant
Aspirant

I might have overcome it by creating some extra modes to align time blocks (some explanation below[1]).  I think the app has some auto-adjust smarts (silly programmers =]) that don't work right in some cases.  Eg if you don't line up two time periods, it will auto adjust one of them to fill the gap.

[1]

To explain what I mean by aligning time blocks from a section of the schedule:

1) Week days only 630-730am (front door camera weekday morning mode)

2) Weekend only 630-730am (all camera weekend mode) (Adding this seems to have fixed it)
3) Weekend only 730am - 930pm (all camera weekend daytime mode) (previously this started at 630am)

I restarted the app several times so we'll see if it sticks longer-term.  If mode 2) above is removed, the all camera weekend daytime mode gets overwritten by the front door camera weekday morning mode after app restart.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd also suggest using a browser for modes, rules and schedule. There can be display issues with the app, at least for me.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation