Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
nazgul7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello!

Just bought new Arlo Pro 2 cameras, and looking for outdoor mounting solutions.

Please note that I would be mounting the cameras on my eaves (ceiling mount upside down).

I noticed 2 differents mounts available - VMA1000 and VMA4000. Besides the looks, what is the difference between them? Is one more recommended over the other? Are both mounts compatible with Arlo Pro 2 cameras?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Look here down the page  ;

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/default.aspx?p=prodarlo_pro_systems

The shorter stubby ones are the 4000, the tallaer ones the 1000s..

If mounting under an eave, the 1000 which is taller would prob work better as the cameras may not have to be inverted.

BTW, any standard camera mount will fit  , it's a normal 1/4-20 thread

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Look here down the page  ;

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/default.aspx?p=prodarlo_pro_systems

The shorter stubby ones are the 4000, the tallaer ones the 1000s..

If mounting under an eave, the 1000 which is taller would prob work better as the cameras may not have to be inverted.

BTW, any standard camera mount will fit  , it's a normal 1/4-20 thread

Morse is faster than texting!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Agree that attaching to the soffit, you're better off with the longer VMA1000. If you were attaching to the wall, the VMA4000 is nice.

My soffits are reasonably high so I just use the VMA1100 table and ceiling mount. It makes them easy for me to grab the camera down to recharge/switch batteries. I was initially concerned about camera theft but most people don't even realise they're there. I have some cameras at about face height but they're on a black fence with a black silicon skin on. Nobody's ever noticed them even standing right next to them

nazgul7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Really good idea @steve_t !
I'll explore VMA1100 .. my eaves are quite high up as well.
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm just curious on how you mounted your VMA1000to your soffit? I have aluminum soffit. I'm waiting for my mounts to come in the mail. Could you please tell me how you did it? Did you find a stud? Or did you just put it straight into the aluminum? What kind of screws did you use? Thank you.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I just went with the included screws directly to the soffit after drilling small holes. The mount plus camera isn't that heavy and 3 screws should easily hold it. I do have wooden soffits not that it should make too much difference. I wonder if the aluminum soffits might cause some signal interference or range reduction

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation