Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Salimariss
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 cameras. 2 work great and the garage camera continues to record like this

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Salimariss wrote:
I have 3 cameras. 2 work great and the garage camera continues to record like this

This is bitstream corruption/loss.

Try swapping the camera with one that works, and see if the problem is linked to the camera or the location,

Salimariss
Aspirant
Aspirant
Could this be related to poor wifi strength? It’s a bit far from the house.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Salimariss wrote:
Could this be related to poor wifi strength? It’s a bit far from the house.

Absolutely.  If that's the case, when you swap the cameras the one in this location will still have corruption.

Salimariss
Aspirant
Aspirant
Okay. Looks like it’s time to upgrade to a mesh wifi system.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Salimariss wrote:
Okay. Looks like it’s time to upgrade to a mesh wifi system.

Are these cameras connected directly to your home wifi?  Or are you using a base/smarthub?

Salimariss
Aspirant
Aspirant
Directly to my home wifi. Which is in the house and this is on the garage approx 75ft away. It worked before
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Salimariss wrote:
Directly to my home wifi. Which is in the house and this is on the garage approx 75ft away. It worked before

That is a long way though.  You can of course try using your phone in the garage (with mobile data turned off), and see how well the wifi works there.

If the garage is powered from a breaker panel in your house, you could also use a powerline kit to get wifi to the garage.  You'd connect ethernet to a powerline adapter in your house, then then plug in a powerline/wifi combo in the garage.  Performance does depend on details of the circuit, so this could be hit-or-miss.  But something like this: https://www.netgear.com/home/wired/powerline/plw1010/

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation