Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No mode tab on android

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AnjaS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just purchased 4no. Pro2 cameras. App works well on my iPhone, but my husband cannot arm or disarm, which means we can’t actually use the cameras as an alarm.
Looks like there have been many threads in the past about this issue which were closed as resolved in the end, but none seem to state what the solution was.
Can any body help?
Many thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is your husband using the same account?  Or a different account with granted access?

AnjaS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @StephenB,
Many thanks for your reply.
I believe it’s the same account with granted access. Does that make a difference?
Would be weird to grant someone access, but then they can’t umarm the system and the siren goes off.
Best,
Anja

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AnjaS wrote:

I believe it’s the same account with granted access. Does that make a difference?

It could.  Try logging in to the primary account, and see if the mode reappears.

AnjaS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay. Good call @StephenB I logged into the primary account on my husband‘s phone and the mode tab appeared.
But ... it seems you cannot have the same account on two phones at the same time.
Tried to completely re-install his account, but it keeps on recognising his email address. I cannot find a way to delete it. Is it even possible to have two primary accounts?
I don’t understand how this is supposed to work. Surely it would be normal to have multiple people arming/disarming the cameras.
Any help much appreciated.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AnjaS wrote:

Okay. Good call @StephenB I logged into the primary account on my husband‘s phone and the mode tab appeared.
But ... it seems you cannot have the same account on two phones at the same time.

Yes, only one login at at time.  I only use one account myself, so hopefully others will chime in. 

But I do suggest looking for a setting in "grant access" in your husband's phone that might give you back the mode control.  You had to re-do the grant access when you migrated to the new app, so perhaps a setting was overlooked.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation